PDA

View Full Version : Korda State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing Part 1

Dave Taylor
February 29th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Just finished watching this DVD. Good but could of been better. Some good
footage underwater but not enough of it. Seemed to have a lot of stuff that
could of made the cutting room floor. Found myself fast forwarding parts.
Would of like to of seen more rigs in the water, different set ups, Hi
visability popups, long hooklinks etc.
Did learn a few things, but only got to see about 4 carp underwater take the
bait.

Richard
February 29th, 2004, 09:53 AM
"Dave Taylor" > wrote in message
> Just finished watching this DVD. Good but could of been better. Some good
> footage underwater but not enough of it. Seemed to have a lot of stuff
that
> could of made the cutting room floor. Found myself fast forwarding parts.
> Would of like to of seen more rigs in the water, different set ups, Hi
> visability popups, long hooklinks etc.
> Did learn a few things, but only got to see about 4 carp underwater take
the
> bait.

If you join ''carpforum.co.uk'' and do a search you will find one or two
massive debates about this video/work .... and some interesting and very
diverse points of view.

Cheers ....... Richard

Derek.Moody
February 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM
In article >, Dave Taylor
> wrote:
> Just finished watching this DVD. Good but could of been better. Some good

I've not seen it, nor do I want to.

> Would of like to of seen more rigs in the water, different set ups, Hi
> visability popups, long hooklinks etc.

You can do this yourself with your own end tackle - tied your way with your
preferred components. Either a summer job in the shallows or for a few you
can experiment in the bath. Instead of relying on precise measurements of
some commercial, overpriced product devised by the sales team for the
presenter to voice over you get get something cheaper that -you- fully
understand and that you can reproduce at will.

> Did learn a few things, but only got to see about 4 carp underwater take the
> bait.

You'll learn more from a garden pond or an aquarium.

Remember:
When a tackle manufacturer says 'State of the Art' he means expensive.

A manufacturer produces a video to sell tackle. He doesn't want you to
completely satisfied or you'll not buy next years 'State of the Art' kit.

Cheerio,

--

Bob
February 29th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I thought it an interesting video but it reinforced what I have found in my
garden pond, basically on hard surface pop-ups on not taken my most fish.
I have found that neutrallly boyant baits are the best, I make my own with a
good quality base mix but with 30% popup mix added. This creates a bait
that sits on the bottom but will move around as do free offerings. I am
surprised that bait manufacturers havn't done this or have I just missed
something.

Bob

Richard
March 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
"Bob" > wrote in message
> I thought it an interesting video but it reinforced what I have found in
my
> garden pond, basically on hard surface pop-ups on not taken my most fish.
> I have found that neutrallly boyant baits are the best, I make my own with
> good quality base mix but with 30% popup mix added. This creates a bait
> that sits on the bottom but will move around as do free offerings. I am
> surprised that bait manufacturers havn't done this or have I just missed
> something.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob et al,

I thought the way tench ejected/rejected baits once they increased the size
_numerous times_ without even registering movement at the rod was
fascinating. They were definitely picking them up time and time again.

I thought the way some rigs appeared to spook carp more was interesting
...... the idea that carp can mop up all the groundbait and freebie hook
baits but leave the actual hookbait was cool Imo.

Solar have released a video of their (and others) experience fishing Redmire
Pool re different approaches, rigs and baiting profiles over the last few
years. That is interesting too ..... particularly when you see some of the
underwater shots in the Korda release.

BTW ... you can make your boilie critically balanced quite easily. You can
by small kits ('drill/extractor' and different colour foam) which allows you
to achieve this very readily.

Cheers ...... Richard