PDA

View Full Version : problems with the EA

btinternet
March 16th, 2004, 10:33 PM
has anyone ever had any problems with there EA officer?
I ask this question because our local council asked the EA for help
destocking one of there lakes.
The EA recommended a fishery management consultant who netter a few
carp, pike bream and perch then flushed the rest of the lakes inhabitants
down a very small stream. This happened on Friday.
The Angling club that leases the water found out on Tuesday and that was
by 3ed party gossip. One of there fishery management team visited the venue
on his way home from work that day. On arrival the lake was completely
drained. When he inspected the outflow stream he saw several dead roach.
Closer inspection revealed 1000s of roach and perch in distress in only
inches of water. Within one hour several volunteers were on hand to try and
rescue as many fish as possible. An estimated 300lb of roach and perch were
saved from a certain death. They only stopped when the light faded and it
became dangerous to carry on. These fish were rescued from no more than 30
yards of stream. When they left it was obvious that there were still many
100s of fish still left on the receding waters.
Later that night it was revealed that the EA had witnessed these fish
being flushed into the stream and did nothing.
Has anything like this ever happened to you?

wemfish
March 16th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I have nothing but respect for EA officers, they give all the help they can.
It should be remembered that it is impossible to net all the fish from the
lake so if the lake is to be drained then some fish will be lost. . .

"btinternet" > wrote in message
> has anyone ever had any problems with there EA officer?
> I ask this question because our local council asked the EA for help
> destocking one of there lakes.
> The EA recommended a fishery management consultant who netter a few
> carp, pike bream and perch then flushed the rest of the lakes inhabitants
> down a very small stream. This happened on Friday.
> The Angling club that leases the water found out on Tuesday and that
was
> by 3ed party gossip. One of there fishery management team visited the
venue
> on his way home from work that day. On arrival the lake was completely
> drained. When he inspected the outflow stream he saw several dead roach.
> Closer inspection revealed 1000s of roach and perch in distress in only
> inches of water. Within one hour several volunteers were on hand to try
and
> rescue as many fish as possible. An estimated 300lb of roach and perch
were
> saved from a certain death. They only stopped when the light faded and it
> became dangerous to carry on. These fish were rescued from no more than 30
> yards of stream. When they left it was obvious that there were still many
> 100s of fish still left on the receding waters.
> Later that night it was revealed that the EA had witnessed these fish
> being flushed into the stream and did nothing.
> Has anything like this ever happened to you?

BlaKeY
March 17th, 2004, 12:59 AM
"btinternet" > wrote in message
> has anyone ever had any problems with there EA officer?
> I ask this question because our local council asked the EA for help
> destocking one of there lakes.
> The EA recommended a fishery management consultant who netter a few
> carp, pike bream and perch then flushed the rest of the lakes inhabitants
> down a very small stream. This happened on Friday.
> The Angling club that leases the water found out on Tuesday and that
was
> by 3ed party gossip. One of there fishery management team visited the
venue
> on his way home from work that day. On arrival the lake was completely
> drained. When he inspected the outflow stream he saw several dead roach.
> Closer inspection revealed 1000s of roach and perch in distress in only
> inches of water. Within one hour several volunteers were on hand to try
and
> rescue as many fish as possible. An estimated 300lb of roach and perch
were
> saved from a certain death. They only stopped when the light faded and it
> became dangerous to carry on. These fish were rescued from no more than 30
> yards of stream. When they left it was obvious that there were still many
> 100s of fish still left on the receding waters.
> Later that night it was revealed that the EA had witnessed these fish
> being flushed into the stream and did nothing.
> Has anything like this ever happened to you?

A few years ago my local council contacted EA and a very similar scenario to
yours happened.
They drained a lake and left half the fish to die in one inch of water and 6
inches of mud. It was obvious they were there. It would have taken a blind
man without a labrador to miss them.
I called the EA and RSPCA but by the time they got off their arses it would
have been too late.
I know I shouldn't have done, but a few of us armed with buckets and waders
took over 200lb of carp, tench and roach and put them into the Broads
system. A couple of the smaller fish I stocked in my mother in laws pond.
The EA couldn't or wouldn't come out because it was a weekend. They turned
up 24 hours after I reported it. It transpires they advised the council to
use a certain fish removal company. You will find these companies offer a
free or reduced cost service as long as they can keep a percentage of the
stock for themselves (usually the larger fish).
I now have no respect for the EA at all. They take our money and do as they
please. Thankgod for organisations like ACA.
Very sad to hear my story has been repeated, I wonder how many other
incidents happen.

Blakey

---