PDA

View Full Version : Re: Licence Checks

Phil L
March 18th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Michael Stokes wrote:
: I was just wondering how often do you have an EA Baliff come and
: check your licence whilst you are out fishing? Ive been fishing for 7
: years now and only had my licence checked twice!

Never had it checked in four years and neither has anyone I know!

Derek.Moody
March 18th, 2004, 02:41 PM
In article >, Phil L
> wrote:
> Michael Stokes wrote:
> : I was just wondering how often do you have an EA Baliff come and
> : check your licence whilst you are out fishing? Ive been fishing for 7
> : years now and only had my licence checked twice!
>
> Never had it checked in four years and neither has anyone I know!

Four times this season including twice one day by different baliffs and
again the same week. I assume they were having some sort of blitz.

Cheerio,

--

btinternet
March 18th, 2004, 02:47 PM
2 or 3 times a year. usually when I fish fund raising events or lakes in
public parks.
The EA visit our local lakes at least once a month and they take no
prisoners, every angler caught fishing without the proper licences get
prosecuted. They usually manage one or two anglers each visit. Most often
carp anglers using 3 rods and only owning one licence.

"Phil L" > wrote in message
> Michael Stokes wrote:
> : I was just wondering how often do you have an EA Baliff come and
> : check your licence whilst you are out fishing? Ive been fishing for 7
> : years now and only had my licence checked twice!
>
> Never had it checked in four years and neither has anyone I know!

Hoot!!!
March 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I have never in my 28 years of fishing had my licence checked

Simondo
March 19th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Asked twice in 33 years of fishing. The second time my licence had expired
(2nd of April) oops!
I always buy one though. In fact I will do so online now its a doddle!

Bob
March 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I have been fishing for over 40 years, just about every weekend until last
year when I took early retiremnt when my fishing changed to four or five
days a week. I have had a licence in all that time in it's various forms
and I have never been asked to produce it. I fish a wide veriety of waters
including big rivers (Trent and Severn) gravel pits and lakes I occasionally
have a bit of fun on commercial waters as well so I am not hiding.

At the moment I am grounded because my wife is very ill but I have still
bought my usual two licences.

I really do get sickened by those who cheat the rest of us by not getting
licences and I really wish the EA would put in some real effort in weeding
them out. Another move would be for club and commecial bailiffs to be
assiliated to the EA and have the power to check licences and initiate the
proceeding process with the EA. Any club or commercial outfit that doesn't
actively pursue licence evaders should be shut down.

Bob

Phil L
March 19th, 2004, 01:11 PM
:
: At the moment I am grounded because my wife is very ill but I have
: still bought my usual two licences.
:
: I really do get sickened by those who cheat the rest of us by not
: getting licences and I really wish the EA would put in some real
: effort in weeding them out. Another move would be for club and
: commecial bailiffs to be assiliated to the EA and have the power to
: check licences and initiate the proceeding process with the EA. Any
: club or commercial outfit that doesn't actively pursue licence
: evaders should be shut down.
:
: Bob

I agree and I suggested something along these lines last year, maybe commercial
fishery owners should face a hefty fine if anyone is caught fishing on their
property without a licence, this way, the onus would be on the fishery
owners/managers to ensure everyone buying a ticket was holding a valid licence,
thereby increasing the number of 'bailiffs' to a much larger number than at
present, which is frankly a joke.