PDA

View Full Version : advice

lyndsey barlow
March 21st, 2004, 10:57 PM
Hi I am going carping next week for a 4 day stint on a 18acre lake in
nottinghamshire and i was wondering if there was a special tactic i could
use, or what the best bait to use this time of year could anyone help or
advise me it would be a great help thanks in advance.

yours jason

Baal
March 21st, 2004, 11:32 PM
4-day stint at this time of year:

PVA, stringer, catapult, SPOD

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk
"lyndsey barlow" > wrote in message
> Hi I am going carping next week for a 4 day stint on a 18acre lake in
> nottinghamshire and i was wondering if there was a special tactic i could
> use, or what the best bait to use this time of year could anyone help or
> advise me it would be a great help thanks in advance.
>
> yours jason

Phil L
March 21st, 2004, 11:40 PM
lyndsey barlow wrote:
: Hi I am going carping next week for a 4 day stint on a 18acre lake in
: nottinghamshire and i was wondering if there was a special tactic i
: could use, or what the best bait to use this time of year could
: anyone help or advise me it would be a great help thanks in advance.
:
: yours jason

Personaly I would take half a gallon of maggots and put a few feeders out, we
had about twenty carp between three of us over a weekend...they were all little
'uns but every fish was caught on maggots.

btinternet
March 22nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
i had 28 carp this weekend using 10mm tutti frutti (richworth freezer baits)
All i did was catapult out 30 baits around each hookbait. It would probably
have been better to use pva bags but as i was only fishing close in i had no
problems.
Most important thing is to look for signes of fish and dont be
affraid to move swims.
"Phil L" > wrote in message
> lyndsey barlow wrote:
> : Hi I am going carping next week for a 4 day stint on a 18acre lake in
> : nottinghamshire and i was wondering if there was a special tactic i
> : could use, or what the best bait to use this time of year could
> : anyone help or advise me it would be a great help thanks in advance.
> :
> : yours jason
>
> Personaly I would take half a gallon of maggots and put a few feeders out,
we
> had about twenty carp between three of us over a weekend...they were all
little
> 'uns but every fish was caught on maggots.

Baal
March 22nd, 2004, 09:00 PM
I'll try that tomorrow. Here's hoping for Mr Carp!

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk
"btinternet" > wrote in message
> i had 28 carp this weekend using 10mm tutti frutti (richworth freezer
baits)
> All i did was catapult out 30 baits around each hookbait. It would
probably
> have been better to use pva bags but as i was only fishing close in i had
no
> problems.
> Most important thing is to look for signes of fish and dont be
> affraid to move swims.
> "Phil L" > wrote in message
> > lyndsey barlow wrote:
> > : Hi I am going carping next week for a 4 day stint on a 18acre lake in
> > : nottinghamshire and i was wondering if there was a special tactic i
> > : could use, or what the best bait to use this time of year could
> > : anyone help or advise me it would be a great help thanks in advance.
> > :
> > : yours jason
> >
> > Personaly I would take half a gallon of maggots and put a few feeders
out,
> we
> > had about twenty carp between three of us over a weekend...they were all
> little
> > 'uns but every fish was caught on maggots.

Baal
March 23rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
I came, I saw.........................and I blanked - b'stard!

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal