PDA

View Full Version : Goodby Rodman Resevior

Chuck Coger
October 2nd, 2003, 05:47 PM
Looks like Rodman Dam is history.
http://www.naplesnews.com/03/07/florida/d943078a.htm

Guess brother George couldn't convince him to save Rodman. Oh well remember
how close the election was last time in Florida;)

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

The RodMaker
October 2nd, 2003, 08:26 PM
Chuck I read the half-ass article. Without more info my question is this .Is
this a bad thing?

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
om...
> Looks like Rodman Dam is history.
> http://www.naplesnews.com/03/07/florida/d943078a.htm
>
> Guess brother George couldn't convince him to save Rodman. Oh well
remember
> how close the election was last time in Florida;)
>

> ---
> Chuck Coger
> http://www.fishin-pro.com

Bob Gramza
October 2nd, 2003, 08:35 PM
It seems that putting a river back to it's natural state would be a good thing. If the bass are
meant to live in the river they will adapt.

"The RodMaker" > wrote in message ...
: Chuck I read the half-ass article. Without more info my question is this .Is
: this a bad thing?
:
: --
: Dave Norton
: Millennium Rods
: "Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
: om...
: > Looks like Rodman Dam is history.
: > http://www.naplesnews.com/03/07/florida/d943078a.htm
: >
: > Guess brother George couldn't convince him to save Rodman. Oh well
: remember
: > how close the election was last time in Florida;)
: >
: >
: > ---
: > Chuck Coger
: > http://www.fishin-pro.com
: >
: >
:
:
:

Chuck Coger
October 2nd, 2003, 10:00 PM
Depends on your point of view really. Most of the fisherman around here
believe it to be a bad thing, for one reason it is an awesome fishery.
They are also going to destroy the ecosystem that survives there, so they
can start another one that exist all along the St. Johns. Water Clarity,
will probably decrease for a while, property owners are going to be put out.
That end of the river is going to suffer economic loss of fishing. It is
listed as a Manatee haven and yet the protectors of the Manatess still want
it torn down, I wonder if they really do care about manatee's.

Here is a pretty good list of the reason on this site.
https://www.the-worlds-best-fishing.com/resource_index.htm

When GW Bush was running for Pres. the first time around it was big deal for
Jeb to save it. I call that vote pandering, then when the smoke clears he
changes his tune and sides the other way.

In my mind it is a bad thing. The Environment is thriving in that area, it
is not an economic money pit at this point, the fishing is awesome, it's
been there for over 30 years. It is going to cost millions and millions to
get it the way the say it should be. The kicker is we are using all of this
money for this project and our school systems are so far under budgeted
(around 1 billion dollars) we can't keep teachers, and the kids are
suffering. But what the heck let's destroy something great with money we
dont really have and let the areas that need it suffer. Makes purfekt
(mispelled for effect) sense to me.

IMHO it is another win for the PETA types. To bad Jeb doesn't have the spine
and keep his word like his brother does.

---
Chuck Coger

"The RodMaker" > wrote in message
> Chuck I read the half-ass article. Without more info my question is this
..Is
> this a bad thing?
>
> --
> Dave Norton
> Millennium Rods
> "Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Looks like Rodman Dam is history.
> > http://www.naplesnews.com/03/07/florida/d943078a.htm
> >
> > Guess brother George couldn't convince him to save Rodman. Oh well
> remember
> > how close the election was last time in Florida;)
> >

> > ---
> > Chuck Coger
> > http://www.fishin-pro.com

RGarri7470
October 2nd, 2003, 11:07 PM
>It seems that putting a river back to it's natural state would be a good
>thing. If the bass are
>meant to live in the river they will adapt.

I sure do hope they don't do that with the lakes in Georgia. I will fight it
every way I can. Natural rivers are nice, but so are big reservoirs.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Josh
October 2nd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Sad thing is that I read Fla. legislature were well in favor of preserving
Rodman. Appears in Florida the will of the people through their elected
represenatives holds little "water" with the gov. Aside from that he's an
idiot.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Chuck Coger
October 2nd, 2003, 11:51 PM
Unfortunatley that happens more than you know and not just in fishing.
The people of Florida voted to reduce and restrict school class sizes. A
short time later Jeb decides that the people obviously didn't vote for what
they wanted (or what he wanted), changes the law around and puts it to a
revote. Not sure how you can do that, but it happened. Makes me want to
just move :(

Imagine if Florida went through the efforts that California, Texas and
Georgia does for their Bass Fishery. We don't do half of the things they do
in those states as far as genetic research, stocking programs etc.. We have
Florida Strain Bass in every piece of water in the state and they just take
it for granted. I mean they do a great job, but the extra programs just
aren't there. Let me see if I can dig up that article where they were going
to put taking some Wallop-Breaux/Fisheries money for some other program
non-fishing related to a vote, which was why they closed a hatchery or two
down. I heard that when the Save the Manateee people won the speed zone
battle, fisheries money paid for every cent. Never confirmed it, but that
was the rumor and it would not suprise me.

For this reason alone it is a bad idea to let groups like the Sierra Club or
PETA get a foot hold on our Fisheries programs.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"Josh" > wrote in message
> Sad thing is that I read Fla. legislature were well in favor of preserving
> Rodman. Appears in Florida the will of the people through their elected
> represenatives holds little "water" with the gov. Aside from that he's an
> idiot.
>
> --
> God Bless America
>
> Josh The Bad Bear

Brad Coovert
October 3rd, 2003, 04:26 AM
Environmental extremists using bad "science" and WINNING is a bad thing.

It will fuel other such activity as well in other parts of the country.

It is a sad day IMO.

Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldbass/WelcomeToOurSponsorPage.htm