PDA

View Full Version : Warren at Oneida

RichZ
October 2nd, 2003, 11:52 PM
Warren is tied for 84th place after day 1 at Onieda, with a 10 pound limit,
which is about average for that lake. Come to think of it, 84th in a 168
man field puts him dead on the middle of he pack, doesn't it?

Anyway, he is 2 pounds, 3 ounces off of 50th place, which is the cut to
make it to the last day. That should be well within his grasp.

Art Ferguson is leading it with 16-3, but there are only 5 anglers over 15
pounds.

From what I heard, there was no part of today that was NICE out there
today, but shortly after noon it got very nasty, as the wind picked up and
the temp started to plummet. (like a 25 degree drop in 3 hours)

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
October 3rd, 2003, 12:04 AM
Playing with numbers...

Day #Limits #Fish Weight
1 99 649 1489-04

495 fish were caught by 99 of the 168 contestants.
10 contestants zeroed (probably mostly no-shows)
So 59 anglers caught the remaining 154 fish.

Looks like you were either on them or clueless.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Greg
October 3rd, 2003, 12:14 AM
"> From what I heard, there was no part of today that was NICE out there
> today, but shortly after noon it got very nasty, as the wind picked up and
> the temp started to plummet. (like a 25 degree drop in 3 hours)
>

> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing
Had rain and sleet and snow this afternoon,

Low tonight is supposed to be around 28 !!!! (2 weeks ago it was in the
70's)

Hope he brought lots of warm clothing.

Good Luck Warren,

---Greg---

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 3rd, 2003, 01:00 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message ...
> Warren is tied for 84th place after day 1 at Onieda, with a 10 pound limit,
> which is about average for that lake. Come to think of it, 84th in a 168
> man field puts him dead on the middle of he pack, doesn't it?
>
> Anyway, he is 2 pounds, 3 ounces off of 50th place, which is the cut to
> make it to the last day. That should be well within his grasp.
>
> Art Ferguson is leading it with 16-3, but there are only 5 anglers over 15
> pounds.
>
> From what I heard, there was no part of today that was NICE out there
> today, but shortly after noon it got very nasty, as the wind picked up and
> the temp started to plummet. (like a 25 degree drop in 3 hours)

We all know that Warren has the necessary tools to do the job, let's just hope that he uses them to
his advantage! I have a lot of faith in him and I know he'll be out there doing his best.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

RichZ
October 3rd, 2003, 01:13 AM
Greg wrote:
> Hope he brought lots of warm clothing.

You just know that some of these Florida guys don't even own enough
clothing to be reasonably comfortable at takeoff tomorrow.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
October 3rd, 2003, 01:26 AM
Warren called this afternoon to tell me that the conditions he had to fish
in was ridiculous! Snow flurries, driving rain, winds up to 35mph,
lightning, and 4' waves!

I talked to him on Sunday night and he said that he expected about 10lbs
with the fish that he was on, and after bagging them he spent the rest of
the day looking for a couple of kicker largemouth to help him out. He was
mainly fishing drop-shot baits from Gil, and tubes from Jack Dalzell in
8-15' of water. Must of been tough trying to keep still in that wind and
those waves!

Keep it up Warren!!!

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Warren is tied for 84th place after day 1 at Onieda, with a 10 pound
limit,
> which is about average for that lake. Come to think of it, 84th in a 168
> man field puts him dead on the middle of he pack, doesn't it?
>
> Anyway, he is 2 pounds, 3 ounces off of 50th place, which is the cut to
> make it to the last day. That should be well within his grasp.
>
> Art Ferguson is leading it with 16-3, but there are only 5 anglers over 15
> pounds.
>
> From what I heard, there was no part of today that was NICE out there
> today, but shortly after noon it got very nasty, as the wind picked up and
> the temp started to plummet. (like a 25 degree drop in 3 hours)
>

> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
October 3rd, 2003, 01:32 AM
The two-day cut is 50 places, and each of those is pretty much going to be
cashing a check at the end of the week. Since Warren is still on his fish,
maybe he'll make that cut!

--
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Warren is tied for 84th place after day 1 at Onieda, with a 10 pound
limit,
> which is about average for that lake. Come to think of it, 84th in a 168
> man field puts him dead on the middle of he pack, doesn't it?
>
> Anyway, he is 2 pounds, 3 ounces off of 50th place, which is the cut to
> make it to the last day. That should be well within his grasp.
>
> Art Ferguson is leading it with 16-3, but there are only 5 anglers over 15
> pounds.
>
> From what I heard, there was no part of today that was NICE out there
> today, but shortly after noon it got very nasty, as the wind picked up and
> the temp started to plummet. (like a 25 degree drop in 3 hours)
>

> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Greg
October 3rd, 2003, 01:57 AM
"
> You just know that some of these Florida guys don't even own enough
> clothing to be reasonably comfortable at takeoff tomorrow.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing
I know this whole week has been brutal , weather wise. But I'm sure the
local Wal-Mart,
can supply them with a new wardrobe.
It is suppose to warm up to 55-60 degrees but it will be a cold start Fri.
and Sat.

As if the lousy weather wasn't enough to deal with , I "THINK" Sat. is the
opening day of duck season.

RichZ
October 3rd, 2003, 05:10 AM
Greg wrote:
> As if the lousy weather wasn't enough to deal with , I "THINK" Sat. is the
> opening day of duck season.

A few weeks ago I was on Champlain, fishing VT waters on the opening of the
special, early goose season. I had pellets raining down all around me for a
while. Then the next week, I had the same thing happen at a small lake in CT.
Difference was, these guys in CT were incredibly bad shots. The three of them
started shooting at a downed goose that was swimming away. And the damned
thing decided to swim toward me! Luckily, I was just a little farther out of
range than the goose was.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
October 4th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Warren improved his standing, today, but not be quite enough to make the
cut. He moved up 20 places to 62nd, with 21-11 for 2 days.
He basically needed another pound and a half to make it to tomorrow.

All told, he put forth a darn good showing for a rookie on the circuit.

Looking good for tomorrow with 3 CT guys in the top 7.

98 limits caught on the pro side of the competition today.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
October 4th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Getting closer! Too bad about the cut, but he's done a fine job like you
said. I know he's probably happy anyway, cause I heard he was missing his
wife and daughter.

--
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Warren improved his standing, today, but not be quite enough to make the
> cut. He moved up 20 places to 62nd, with 21-11 for 2 days.
> He basically needed another pound and a half to make it to tomorrow.
>
> All told, he put forth a darn good showing for a rookie on the circuit.
>
> Looking good for tomorrow with 3 CT guys in the top 7.
>
> 98 limits caught on the pro side of the competition today.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM
"RichZ" > wrote in message ...
> Warren improved his standing, today, but not be quite enough to make the
> cut. He moved up 20 places to 62nd, with 21-11 for 2 days.
> He basically needed another pound and a half to make it to tomorrow.
>
> All told, he put forth a darn good showing for a rookie on the circuit.

Darned right he did! I'm proud of our man Warren.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Craig
October 4th, 2003, 02:27 PM
I believe Warren is on track for his first year. I wish him all the best on
cracking through the top 50 barrier.

--
Craig

RichZ
October 5th, 2003, 01:23 AM
FWIW, BASS Cancelled the last day at Oneida today.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Greg
October 5th, 2003, 01:34 AM
"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> I believe Warren is on track for his first year. I wish him all the best
on
> cracking through the top 50 barrier.
>
> --
> Craig

And he did beat alot of good fishermen, under extremely bad conditions.

bet it feels good to by warm and dry and back home. :-)

---Greg---

Bob Rickard
October 5th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Warren: gettun' better every day!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "RichZ" > wrote in message
> > Warren improved his standing, today, but not be quite enough to make the
> > cut. He moved up 20 places to 62nd, with 21-11 for 2 days.
> > He basically needed another pound and a half to make it to tomorrow.
> >
> > All told, he put forth a darn good showing for a rookie on the circuit.
>
> Darned right he did! I'm proud of our man Warren.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Nikolay
October 5th, 2003, 04:48 AM
What Steve said. Great job, Warren! Keep it up, never surrender :-)
You're our hero!

Cheers,
Nikolay

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

> "RichZ" > wrote in message ...
> > Warren improved his standing, today, but not be quite enough to make the
> > cut. He moved up 20 places to 62nd, with 21-11 for 2 days.
> > He basically needed another pound and a half to make it to tomorrow.
> >
> > All told, he put forth a darn good showing for a rookie on the circuit.
>
> Darned right he did! I'm proud of our man Warren.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

go-bassn
October 5th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Good thing too, I had loaned my boat out to a buddy who made the cut. His
motor was one of the Day 1 casualties & he was in a pickle. I was kinda
nervous about doing it though...

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> FWIW, BASS Cancelled the last day at Oneida today.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Chief13amc
October 5th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Glad to see you back in 1 piece!
Allen
911 Bass Anglers
Bucks County PA

Brad Coovert
October 6th, 2003, 01:35 AM
>Good thing too, I had loaned my boat out to a buddy who made the cut. His
>motor was one of the Day 1 casualties & he was in a pickle. I was kinda
>nervous about doing it though...

Not only are you a great angler, but a great person also.

Way to go Warren!

Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldbass/WelcomeToOurSponsorPage.htm