PDA

View Full Version : raingear

Gone Angling
October 4th, 2003, 02:02 AM
I'm in the market for some new raingear. There is the breathable type that is
usually quite pricey. There is a Columbia gear that looks good but
non-breathable and generally keeps you quite dry. I don't know if R. L. makes
raingear but that is another preferable brand. Is breathable raingear necessary
for the activity of fishing? .

caveat lector - reader beware
October 9th, 2003, 04:57 PM
>From: (Gone Angling)
>Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
>Date: 04 Oct 2003 01:02:19 GMT

>I'm in the market for some new raingear. There is the breathable type that is
>usually quite pricey. There is a Columbia gear that looks good but
>non-breathable and generally keeps you quite dry. I don't know if R. L. makes
>raingear but that is another preferable brand. Is breathable raingear
>necessary
>for the activity of fishing? .

A G.I. poncho and rain pants is all I use.

Get the poncho liner and you are set.

- -- - -- - --
-- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
- -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
--
Necessity is the Mother of invention.

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Josh
October 11th, 2003, 12:06 PM
few years ago bought the Bass Pro version of gortex rain suit. It wasnt too
expensive and works great. One of the really nice things I like about it is
the sealed sleeved. Think about it, when your fishing your hands and arms
are mostl pointed upwards. Without a good seal you're wet. Remember that
from a downpour tournament several years ago. The Bass Pro suit has a rubber
cuff located inside the sleeves that seals the sleeve and prevents water
from running up/down the sleeve when fishing in the rain. And if it's a
little cold out with the rain, get your shirt sleeves wet and before you
know it you'll be shivering. Least I was. Anyway a good med range rain suit
in my opinion.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

October 13th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Frog Toggs is pretty good gear for the money, I've had Cabela's Guidewear
for maybe 13 years now with many trips thru the briars and such with no
problems whatever. Many trips both in fresh or sal****er, many four day
nonstop rain fishing trips to SE Alaska, no leaks yet.