PDA

View Full Version : G3 Boat Info; Any opinions?

October 4th, 2003, 02:15 AM
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 G3 18 footer with a 115
Yamaha, but I have not seen it yet since I just learned about the
sale. Looking at the website, it appears that they are made by Yamaha
and the boat is aluminum. I was told thie one for sale is fiberglass
and was made by Skeeter. Were they fiberglass that year? Did Skeeter
sell to Yamaha?

Any opinions on the quality?

Thanks.
Lou

RichZ
October 4th, 2003, 02:59 AM
G3 has made both aluminum and fiberglass boats. They are Skeeter's sister
"entry level" or economy boat line. Skeeter & G3 have both owned by Yamaha
for 6 years.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

October 4th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Rich:

There are no fiberglass models on the web site, did they discontinue
them?
By entry level do you mean I'll be buying a headache?
Thanks.
Lou

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:59:51 EDT, RichZ > wrote:

>G3 has made both aluminum and fiberglass boats. They are Skeeter's sister
>"entry level" or economy boat line. Skeeter & G3 have both owned by Yamaha
>for 6 years.
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
October 4th, 2003, 04:24 AM
> By entry level do you mean I'll be buying a headache?

No. It just doesn't have all the accoutrements of the top of the line
skeeter. EG, on board chargers were an option in G3 when they were standard
in the skeeters. That kind of stuff.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing