PDA

View Full Version : Anglers Edge vs. In-Fisherman

Josh
October 4th, 2003, 08:07 PM
I might have asked this before, but I don't remember. What's with the two
different shows both involving the Linder Boys. I've seen both programs but
don't see much difference except that Angler Edge seems to have a more overt
religious message to it. In any event if anyone has any insight into why
they now have the two programs and whatever the difference in them are,
would like to hear more.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Bob La Londe
October 4th, 2003, 09:01 PM
"Josh" > wrote in message
> I might have asked this before, but I don't remember. What's with the two
> different shows both involving the Linder Boys. I've seen both programs
but
> don't see much difference except that Angler Edge seems to have a more
overt
> religious message to it. In any event if anyone has any insight into why
> they now have the two programs

Because they can, and because people are still watching them.

and whatever the difference in them are,
> would like to hear more.

Can't say as I've notice one way or the other. Al Linfnder did make a
refference to his flasher being like his bible. I couldn't decide if that
was supposed to be a religious message or if it was sacriligous.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Mark W. Oots
October 4th, 2003, 09:09 PM
"Josh" > wrote in message
> I might have asked this before, but I don't remember. What's with the two
> different shows both involving the Linder Boys. I've seen both programs
but
> don't see much difference except that Angler Edge seems to have a more
overt
> religious message to it. In any event if anyone has any insight into why
> they now have the two programs and whatever the difference in them are,
> would like to hear more.
>
> --
> God Bless America
>
> Josh The Bad Bear

I think that the Lindners have actually sold their interest in In-Fisherman.
In the early days, their religious message was right there in the pages of
the magazine as well on the TV show. The original logo included a cross
combined with a stick drawing of a fish. Both were early Christian symbols,
the cross actually coming about later than the fish, which is derived from
the Greek letter "alpha" (lower case).

An interview I read with Al said that In-Fisherman was becoming too big and
marketing oriented, leaving little time for fishing and speaking, which was
the whole point in starting the company in the first place. North American
Fisherman had the Lindners on the cover a few months back, along with an
article written by them inside. Most of the In-Fisherman TV episodes showing
that include them were shot before the split.

Mark

---

Jboxx Kidd
October 4th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Al Linder sold In-Fisherman 2 years ago. He comes back on the show in
segments/commercials as a contributer not as a owner.

Josh
October 4th, 2003, 10:08 PM
As ususal thanks guys/gals.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

RichZ
October 5th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Josh wrote:
> What's with the two
> different shows both involving the Linder Boys.

Ron Lindner retired from In-fish almost 10 years ago. Al sold the company
more than 5 years ago. He contracted to host the TV show for 4 years, and
then had a 1 year non-compete clause. During the non-compete year, Ron &
Jim set up Lindner Media to put out a new TV show as soon as Al was
contractually free to join them.

Anglers Edge belongs to the Lindners. In-Fisherman does not. The are both
heavily sponsored by Normark and Berkeley, so a lot of the stuff looks the
same. But the shows are not actually connected to each other, other than
the fact that Al USED TO be on the In-Fisherman show, and he and Ron
founded the In-Fisherman organization.

FWIW, I think the In-Fish show has slippied a notch or two under the
ownership of Primedia, and the Anglers Edge show is better than In-Fish was
before the slipped. But both are better than most other fishing shows by a
wide margin, at least from the how-to standpoint.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 5th, 2003, 01:34 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message <SNIP>

> FWIW, I think the In-Fish show has slippied a notch or two under the
> ownership of Primedia, and the Anglers Edge show is better than In-Fish was
> before the slipped. But both are better than most other fishing shows by a
> wide margin, at least from the how-to standpoint.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Actually, I think the Lindners are THE benchmark in how-to
outdoor programming. When my show does make it to air, if we can be half as good as Al and the
boys, we'll have one heck of a show.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Joe
October 5th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Check this out for all the details. Joe Z.
http://www.lindnermedia.com/

"Josh" > wrote in message
I might have asked this before, but I don't remember. What's with the two
different shows both involving the Linder Boys. I've seen both programs but
don't see much difference except that Angler Edge seems to have a more overt
religious message to it. In any event if anyone has any insight into why
they now have the two programs and whatever the difference in them are,
would like to hear more.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Steve Erwin
October 5th, 2003, 03:17 AM
He (Al) will close the show with his thought on how much Christ means to him
and hope someone is influenced enough to seek out the knowledge. To me that
is what a good Christian should do.

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> "Josh" > wrote in message
> > I might have asked this before, but I don't remember. What's with the
two
> > different shows both involving the Linder Boys. I've seen both programs
> but
> > don't see much difference except that Angler Edge seems to have a more
> overt
> > religious message to it. In any event if anyone has any insight into why
> > they now have the two programs
>
> Because they can, and because people are still watching them.
>

> and whatever the difference in them are,
> > would like to hear more.
>
> Can't say as I've notice one way or the other. Al Linfnder did make a
> refference to his flasher being like his bible. I couldn't decide if that
> was supposed to be a religious message or if it was sacriligous.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Dan
October 6th, 2003, 08:28 PM
One of the reasons I started doing fishing videos was because "the bar"
wasn't too high, quality wise and I didn't have to be all that hot to be at
the top of the heap! :-)
Thankfully we have been able to achieve and maintain that level. For our
market, I have always considered In-Fisherman and BPS videos to be the
benchmark and the top of the field. Modesty aside, I believe
informationwise, our tapes are at their level or better at times but that is
a different issue. IMO, those 2 producers both make great videos. Will have
to check out the new Linder project. Will probably need to get cable.

Dan W.

Host Bazz Clazz Videos
www.bazzclazz.com