PDA

View Full Version : RichZ

AJH
October 4th, 2003, 10:08 PM
If it isn't top secret info, what brand rods and reels do you use..IMO
you have to be the top fisherman on this board but you never mention
what rods and reels you use.

I fish therefore I lie

RichZ
October 5th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Ajh wrote:
> what brand rods and reels do you use

Most of my rods are old. Several remain from when I used to build my own.
Most of my 'factory' rods are allstars. Reels? mostly Daiwa casting reels
for light duty stuff, and old, Ambassadeur 4600s for flipping, slop fishing
and spinnerbaiting. But my absolute favoirite casting reel (the one I use
the most for worming) is a current model Ambassadeur. I think they call it
the Toruno or something like that. Spinning Reels, I have an a couple
different ABUs that I like. My favorite is a fairly inexpensive model --
the latest resurrection of the Cardinal nameplate. I never use spinning
tackle for anything over 6 lb test, and I don't use the drag, so my demands
on a spinning reel are different than most.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Dan
October 6th, 2003, 08:35 PM
"RichZ" > wrote in message

I never use spinning tackle for anything over 6 lb test, and I don't use
the drag,

Careful Rich. Your age is showing!
Actually you're in pretty good company.
Bobby & Garry Garland, I know, and Billy Westmorland I believe, are/were all
"backreelers".
Never got the hang of it myself but hey, what ever works!

Dan W.

RichZ
October 6th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Dan wrote:
> Bobby & Garry Garland, I know, and Billy Westmorland I believe, are/were all
> "backreelers".

Let's not forget two of the best light tackle fishermen of all time --
Charlie Brewer & Virgil Ward.

I gotta tell you, every really good light tackle angler I know backreels. It's
not at all difficult to do. Check out the article at the link below my sig.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing/fishtips/backreel.html