PDA

View Full Version : Bob L

John Kerr
October 4th, 2003, 10:59 PM
I was checking out your web site...nice job. I use to fish the lower
river also. Many a great day on Martinez, and the little hidden lakes
off the secondary channel. I don't think the river gets the credit it
deserves...some mighty nice bass "livin" there <g>! And I would drive
from San Diego just to fish it...leaving some of the best bass waters
around just a mile or two from home:).
JK

Bob La Londe
October 5th, 2003, 02:14 AM
"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> I was checking out your web site...nice job. I use to fish the lower
> river also. Many a great day on Martinez, and the little hidden lakes
> off the secondary channel. I don't think the river gets the credit it
> deserves...some mighty nice bass "livin" there <g>! And I would drive
> from San Diego just to fish it...leaving some of the best bass waters
> around just a mile or two from home:).
> JK

Well, if you get the urge drop me a line.
I'm always looking for an excuse to get out ont he water.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

John Kerr
October 5th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the invite...that boat you have would certainly make for a
good ride!
JK

Bob La Londe
October 5th, 2003, 09:56 PM
"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the invite...that boat you have would certainly make for a
> good ride!
> JK

I have enjoyed it very much so far. Its only real drawback is that it
porpoises at lower speeds. From just on plane to about 25 or 30 depending
on the load It still does it a little bit even when I trim the motor all
the way down. At higher speeds it rides very well.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 7th, 2003, 02:49 AM
"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> "John Kerr" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for the invite...that boat you have would certainly make for a
> > good ride!
> > JK
> >

> I have enjoyed it very much so far. Its only real drawback is that it
> porpoises at lower speeds. From just on plane to about 25 or 30 depending
> on the load It still does it a little bit even when I trim the motor all
> the way down. At higher speeds it rides very well.

Performance hulls are going to do that. These boats are not designed to go slow, they're meant to
run at speed.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Bob La Londe
October 7th, 2003, 03:00 AM
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > "John Kerr" > wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the invite...that boat you have would certainly make for a
> > > good ride!
> > > JK
> > >

> > I have enjoyed it very much so far. Its only real drawback is that it
> > porpoises at lower speeds. From just on plane to about 25 or 30
depending
> > on the load It still does it a little bit even when I trim the motor
all
> > the way down. At higher speeds it rides very well.
>
> Performance hulls are going to do that. These boats are not designed to
go slow, they're meant to
> run at speed.

Yeah I figure it starts to trap air in those tunnels like it is supposed to,
but at slower speeds it doesn't slip it out the back. Instead it forms a
lift cusion that lifts the front/middle of the boat until the trapped air
slips out the side.

My Skeeter doesn't porpoise at all. Then it is a typical semi V bass boat
design with a narrow flat pad on the rear half of the bottom.

I guess I owe you a couple pictures eh Steve?

> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

John Kerr
October 7th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Yea, my son has a performance hull, and during the open on Meade last
month, he had some real problems...high winds and big swells. He lost
some parts, almost lost the motor, tore up the trolling motor...lucky
the reps were all there and put his boat back together so he could make
the final day. He loves the speed, but now he is a bit more cautious in
heavy weather.

Bob La Londe
October 7th, 2003, 04:07 AM
"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> Yea, my son has a performance hull, and during the open on Meade last
> month, he had some real problems...high winds and big swells. He lost
> some parts, almost lost the motor, tore up the trolling motor...lucky
> the reps were all there and put his boat back together so he could make
> the final day. He loves the speed, but now he is a bit more cautious in
> heavy weather.

I was thinking I might use my old Skeeter for fishing Havasu, Meade, and
Powell if I get into the Miller Lite WON Bass series.

Or atleast get a firend to tow it up in case the weather gets rough.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

John Kerr
October 7th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Re: Bob L

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 8:07pm (CDT-2)
From: (Bob=A0La=A0Londe)
"John Kerr" > wrote in message
Yea, my son has a performance hull, and during the open on Meade last
month, he had some real problems...high winds and big swells. He lost
some parts, almost lost the motor, tore up the trolling motor...lucky
the reps were all there and put his boat back together so he could make
the final day. He loves the speed, but now he is a bit more cautious in
heavy weather.
JK
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I was thinking I might use my old Skeeter for fishing Havasu, Meade, and
Powell if I get into the Miller Lite WON Bass series.
Or atleast get a firend to tow it up in case the weather gets rough.
--
Bob La Londe

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Bob, that might be a good idea, but you do need the speed on those
lakes. Some of the better waters are a ways from launch site. John Jr.
was running 50 miles from launch during the Miller Won Open last month
on Mead...a catch 22 I guess. He needed the speed so he took the fast
boat up, but the weather turned nasty, and he pounded his boat up pretty
good. I'll tell John to look for you on the tour next year...good luck!
JK

Bob La Londe
October 7th, 2003, 05:35 AM

From: (Bob La Londe)
======

I was thinking I might use my old Skeeter for fishing Havasu, Meade, and
Powell if I get into the Miller Lite WON Bass series.
Or atleast get a firend to tow it up in case the weather gets rough.
--
Bob La Londe

======
Bob, that might be a good idea, but you do need the speed on those
lakes. Some of the better waters are a ways from launch site. John Jr.
was running 50 miles from launch during the Miller Won Open last month
on Mead...a catch 22 I guess. He needed the speed so he took the fast
boat up, but the weather turned nasty, and he pounded his boat up pretty
good. I'll tell John to look for you on the tour next year...good luck!
JK

Thats a big if. I might do it if my ABA partner wants to do the team
schedule. Of course he has a semi-V Nitro so we could take both boats and
take our chances based on the weather.

My experience on Powell is that its pretty calm first thing in the morning,
but by mid to late afternoon its pretty rough. Havasu is similar, but
usually not as rough as Powell. I really have no experience with Meade.