PDA

View Full Version : Today was my favorite kind of day on the water.

RichZ
October 5th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Went to Congamond again. I love days like today. Wind barely blew. drizzled
on and off. And the fish were deep and finicky. Every single fish we put in
the boat today came on a drop shot rig. ONE of them came from less than 15
feet of water. Most came from 15 to 22 but three, including the largest of
the day, came from 28 feet of water. Actually, all our fish came from one
long bar that extends off the shoreline. Or more accurately, most of them
came from the drop-off around the bar -- most within 50 feet of one corner
of the bar.

There were bass boats all over. None of them ever fish any deeper than 8 or
10 feet, from what I cold see. I saw 2 fish caught by another boat, and I'm
not sure either one was two pounds. I got 14, Frank got 3. My best 5
weighed a bit over 18 pounds. All on 4 or 6 pound test and a size 4 drop
shot hook. Seemed to be a real advantage to the 4 lb test. Frank fished 6
all day and caught 3 fish. I fished 6 for a while after I broke off a fish
on the 4, and caught one fish on the 6 in like 2 hours. Went back to 4 and
started catching 'em pretty regular again. Lots of fun.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
October 5th, 2003, 04:39 PM
oops. Forgot to link to th photo of yesterday's toad.

http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/10-04-03_congamond.jpg

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
October 5th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Nice one Rich! Kinda makes me regret not getting out this weekend.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com