PDA

View Full Version : Help!! looking for info or pic with Aeroliner boats.

Dan in the Bush....
September 23rd, 2003, 08:05 PM
Picked up a boat and trailer for 150$ and now am trying to restore it. It
is a 1954 model (I believe. the Johnson outboard on it had "eleOR" in the
serial number, indicating electric '54 and it's apparently the original
motor)

Problem is, the Canadian built boat from the Aeroliner company has been out
of business for a long long time. I am trying to find a reference to it in
magazines, websites and such with no luck finding much of anything. I have
found one site only with any reference to the company, and no pictures of
this model.

It's a 16 footer, steering console, covered bow, shallow draft in the back
(about a foot and a bit deep) progressively expanding to about two and a
half feet deep at the front. Back end is flat bottomed and changes to a vee
at the bow. Sort of reminds me of Relic's boat from the Beachcombers t.v.
series, but an outboard instead of a jet-drive. As it sits now, screams
"old police boat" to me, but don't know how much of the accessories are
original. The windshield, lighting system, seats, ect.. are old and old
style, but would like to bring this baby back to original if I can.

Anyone ever heard of them or know someone that has a picture I could see
perhaps?

Dan in the bush...

Sasha
April 13th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hi Dan
I have such a boat. It is pretty much a workhorse of a boat. It was manufactured in Winnipeg,Manitoba. What are you looking for in the way of a picture. CU Sasha and Picked up a boat and trailer for 150$ and now am trying to restore it. It
[...]

dan in the bush
April 14th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Sasha, thanks for the reply. After much work on the interior, trailer and
steering system, I had the boat almost ready to go. A bit of aluminum tig
welding left to go on it. The welder I had doing the work made an offer on
the package that I couldn't say no to. It is a beauty now that I finally
found one picture of what it is supposed to look like. We got the side
windows rebuilt and he's trying to come up with a way of building the roll
top that is in the description as well.
I moved away from the boat but hope to see her again this summer. Thank you
for the reply but the boat is now out of my hands.

Dan in the bush...

"Sasha" > wrote in message

> Hi Dan
> I have such a boat. It is pretty much a workhorse of a boat. It was
> manufactured in Winnipeg,Manitoba. What are you looking for in the way
> of a picture. CU Sasha

Sasha
April 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Dan
Regarding the boat sale. Could you give me any idea of a reasonable sale price. The reason I was looking up the aeroliner was to see if I might get some idea of an asking price. Thanks CU Sasha

[...]

Deepwater
April 14th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Hi, I live in Wiinipeg and have owned a few of the boats mentioned. Can I
help?
"Sasha" > wrote in message

> Hi Dan
> I have such a boat. It is pretty much a workhorse of a boat. It was
> manufactured in Winnipeg,Manitoba. What are you looking for in the way
> of a picture. CU Sasha and Dan in the Bush.... Wrote:
> > Picked up a boat and trailer for 150$ and now am trying to restore it.
> > It
> > is a 1954 model (I believe. the Johnson outboard on it had "eleOR" in
> > the
> > serial number, indicating electric '54 and it's apparently the
> > original
> > motor)
> >
> > Problem is, the Canadian built boat from the Aeroliner company has been
> > out
> > of business for a long long time. I am trying to find a reference to
> > it in
> > magazines, websites and such with no luck finding much of anything. I
> > have
> > found one site only with any reference to the company, and no pictures
> > of
> > this model.
> >
> > It's a 16 footer, steering console, covered bow, shallow draft in the
> > back
> > (about a foot and a bit deep) progressively expanding to about two and
> > half feet deep at the front. Back end is flat bottomed and changes to
> > a vee
> > at the bow. Sort of reminds me of Relic's boat from the Beachcombers
> > t.v.
> > series, but an outboard instead of a jet-drive. As it sits now,
> > screams
> > "old police boat" to me, but don't know how much of the accessories
> > are
> > original. The windshield, lighting system, seats, ect.. are old and
> > old
> > style, but would like to bring this baby back to original if I can.
> >
> > Anyone ever heard of them or know someone that has a picture I could
> > see
> > perhaps?
> >
> > Dan in the bush...
>

> --
> Sasha

dan in the bush
April 15th, 2005, 02:27 AM
I would appreciate it if you could help Sasha out. I let the person who has
mine have it at a give-away price for a lot of help around the house as well
as assistance with a move to another district that he gave to me. I can't
help her with a price for this reason.

Dan in the bush...

"Deepwater" > wrote in message
> Hi, I live in Wiinipeg and have owned a few of the boats mentioned. Can I
> help?

Deepwater
April 15th, 2005, 05:10 PM
UI think that I may have a "Boat Trader" magazine listing some of these
boats. I will look.
"dan in the bush" > wrote in message
.. .
> I would appreciate it if you could help Sasha out. I let the person who
has
> mine have it at a give-away price for a lot of help around the house as
well
> as assistance with a move to another district that he gave to me. I can't
> help her with a price for this reason.
>
> Dan in the bush...
>

> "Deepwater" > wrote in message
> > Hi, I live in Wiinipeg and have owned a few of the boats mentioned. Can
> > help?

scott
January 22nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
duff mcgee wrote:

the guy to check with is paulfrazer in kenora ont ... he's the son of the
owner (orig) i bought the biggerst boat they made from him and have been
there to see his shop dont have his number but you have a name

http://www.usenet.com