PDA

View Full Version : Winter fishing

alwaysfishking
October 5th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Well the fall season seems to have come and gone, wood burning in the stove
and it's getting cold as hell. The little fishing that has been done here in
the Mountains has not produced much of anything a few fish but nothing huge.

It has rained for what seems like forever and the temps are barely getting
past the 40's during the day and with the wind it feels much colder.

Yesterday morning was downright brutal, wind rain and cold, but me and Dave
V threw the boat in to give it a shot. 1 minute out there and dave hit a
decent fish on a SW spinner with yellow willow leaf blades, when he hit the
second bass, I already had mine tied on. The rest of the morning failed to
produce a fish. We went back to my house for coffee and some playstation 2
football,

I am surely gonna miss being able to go out in the early mornings.

randy-

Gone Angling
October 8th, 2003, 09:30 PM
>Subject: Winter fishing
>From: "alwaysfishking"
>Date: 10/5/03 3:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>Well the fall season seems to have come and gone, wood burning in the stove
>and it's getting cold as hell. The little fishing that has been done here in
>the Mountains has not produced much of anything a few fish but nothing huge.
>
> It has rained for what seems like forever and the temps are barely getting
>past the 40's during the day and with the wind it feels much colder.
>
> Yesterday morning was downright brutal, wind rain and cold, but me and Dave
>V threw the boat in to give it a shot. 1 minute out there and dave hit a
>decent fish on a SW spinner with yellow willow leaf blades, when he hit the
>second bass, I already had mine tied on. The rest of the morning failed to
>produce a fish. We went back to my house for coffee and some playstation 2
>football,
>
> I am surely gonna miss being able to go out in the early mornings.
>
> randy-

Why don't you move to a lower elevation (ie down from the mountain) ?