PDA

View Full Version : rivers

Bacchus
October 25th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Anyone know of any good river fishing to be had up north, 2 hours from
Toronto? I guess I would like to fish for speckle trout and smallmouth
bass. I have mostly been a lake fishermen, but I now have a fly rod that I
want to put to use in a nice quiet tranquil setting.

thanks

Fleaman
October 26th, 2003, 03:38 PM
The Saugeen river between Hanover and Walkerton contains lots of bass, I am
not sure if the season is still open or not but it has rainbows and the odd
brown. It is a good section to take a canoe or a small boat, there is one
portage over a dam and across the road. I can be fished all day or a quick
fishing afternoon.

Fleaman
able.rogers.com...