PDA

View Full Version : B.C.

Gone Angling
November 2nd, 2003, 01:26 AM
Where is the best palce to live in B.C. for fishing. I'm talking about
convenient 365 days of close convenient fishing.

Rastus O'Dingha
November 2nd, 2003, 03:48 PM
Beacuse of the mild climate pretty much anywhere on the along the coast or
on the islands will offer conveient 365 days a year access to fishing. It
depends on several other factors. How much money do you want to spend and
how much do you like the rain are the first 2 that come to mind.

--
Rastus O'Dingha
Wainwright AB
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Where is the best palce to live in B.C. for fishing. I'm talking about
> convenient 365 days of close convenient fishing.

Gone Angling
November 2nd, 2003, 07:57 PM
I want to be able to conveniently (close to town) fish without a guide. Go up
the rivers and fish for salmon and trout etc. Don't know much about it but what
about Terrace B.C. and Skeena river.

F t B
November 2nd, 2003, 09:43 PM
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I want to be able to conveniently (close to town) fish without a guide. Go
up
> the rivers and fish for salmon and trout etc. Don't know much about it but
what
> about Terrace B.C. and Skeena river.

There is no fish in BC...now go away:)

Seriously, I would choose the Island if I wanted year-round fishing. Samon,
trout, steelhead, bass, and many others are available all the time. Getting
a boat and hitting salt water allows you to target even more fish. Crab,
prawns, lingcod, halibut, the list goes on.

I don't know anyone that uses a guide, just ask at the local tackle store;
they'll set you up.

Gone Angling
November 2nd, 2003, 11:56 PM
Where on Vancouver Island if you want easy access to fishing?

Rastus O'Dingha
November 3rd, 2003, 02:15 AM
I would start in the Comox Valley and then head north from there. I'm
planning on the Sayward Valley for my retirement.

--
Rastus O'Dingha
Wainwright AB
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Where on Vancouver Island if you want easy access to fishing?

Jim Pook
November 3rd, 2003, 03:39 AM
Give Tahsis a look - that's where I moved to for the fishing!

Check out: www.tahsisbc.com

Jim Pook
Jim's Fishing Charters
Box 326
Tahsis, BC V0P 1X0
www.jimsfishing.com

1(888) 617-FISH (3474) Toll Free
(250) 934-7665 Local

"Rastus O'Dingha" > wrote in message
> I would start in the Comox Valley and then head north from there. I'm
> planning on the Sayward Valley for my retirement.
>
> --
> Rastus O'Dingha
> Wainwright AB
> "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> > Where on Vancouver Island if you want easy access to fishing?

Rivers North
November 3rd, 2003, 04:56 PM
I live right on the Skeena River and I am going Steelhead fishing this am to
the Lakelse River which is less than twenty minutes from the house...I could
also go to the Kalum River,Copper...they all with have Steelhead and some
killer Trout fishing all winter..then in April May there's an early run of
Springs...and then June July you have Springs Sockeye Pinks and Coho...You
can fish here approx 250 days a year...peace gord p

F t B
November 5th, 2003, 09:19 PM
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Where on Vancouver Island if you want easy access to fishing?

Along any rocky out-cropping or gravely shoreline for either salmon or
rockfish, just cast a spoon in the surf.. The Comox river, Cowichan river,
Oyser river, Puntlege river, Stamp river, Gold river, and many many others
for all five types of salmon, also steelhead, and other types of trout. Look
at a map and you'll see what I mean. There are lots of trout lakes as well
as bass in the Southern end of the island.

Don Phillipson
November 5th, 2003, 10:36 PM
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message

> Where on Vancouver Island if you want easy access to fishing?

Well, Roderick Haig-Brown chose Campbell
River (in about 1935.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

boogieman
November 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM
Nanaimo, Victoria, do you need to work too?

Gone Angling wrote:

> Where is the best palce to live in B.C. for fishing. I'm talking about
> convenient 365 days of close convenient fishing.

John G.
November 18th, 2003, 03:10 AM
On 02 Nov 2003 01:26:36 GMT, (Gone Angling) wrote:

>Where is the best palce to live in B.C. for fishing. I'm talking about
>convenient 365 days of close convenient fishing.

Well, there's a lot of us from California who have found Powell River!
Gorgeous water views, low marina fees, TWO ferry rides from Vancouver
(keeps the commuters away!), plus all the salt water and fresh water
fishing you can handle. Low real estate prices, too.

Don't tell anyone else about it, tho.