PDA

View Full Version : Drift boat oars?

Bill Douglass
November 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I have recently completed building a 15 foot drift boat and I am looking
for any advice out there as far as what size of oar, manufacturer and type
of composition you might recommend? The boat is a 15 foot high side and will
be used on rivers such as the Morice, Bulkley, Kitimat and a few other
typical west coast rivers.
Thanks

Peter
November 30th, 2003, 07:40 PM
A boat with 15ft high sides is very large!
"Bill Douglass" > wrote in message

> I have recently completed building a 15 foot drift boat and I am looking
> for any advice out there as far as what size of oar, manufacturer and type
> of composition you might recommend? The boat is a 15 foot high side and
will
> be used on rivers such as the Morice, Bulkley, Kitimat and a few other
> typical west coast rivers.
> Thanks

Simon
March 23rd, 2004, 03:35 PM
I don't know what size oars but I'd like to ask you a question. I live in
Ontario and the price of the purchase and then the shipping of a drift boat
from BC is just too much. I've been thinking about building one myself but
have not been able to find any plans. Could you reccommend some place?

"Bill Douglass" > wrote in message

> I have recently completed building a 15 foot drift boat and I am looking
> for any advice out there as far as what size of oar, manufacturer and type
> of composition you might recommend? The boat is a 15 foot high side and
will
> be used on rivers such as the Morice, Bulkley, Kitimat and a few other
> typical west coast rivers.
> Thanks

Bodan
March 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
You won't find any free online plans. I tried. You may run across some
simple plans for an ordinary skiff or rowboat but not a drift boat.
However, you should be able to find a place that sells plans for drift
boats. Just use the words (boat building) (boat building plans) etc in the
search engines like AltaVista and Google.

--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
. ..