PDA

View Full Version : Request for information on the Hardy Halford Knockabout Rod

HB
January 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
I have a Hardy Bros Fly Rod and I need help finding out more about it.

The two-piece rod 8.5' long, appears to have something missing on the
heel, a place to screw something in.
On the metal end of the rod handle it has the following:
Brit. Pat. No. 196216
Serial number "E25451
Made by Hardy Bros Ltd, Alnwick, England.
Two different seals with "By Appointment" below the seals

On the Rod just above the handle, are the words Palakona Regd No 2
x 6936
And then above that is "The Halford Knockabout Rod".

Can anyone tell me something about the rod?
How can I find out how old is it?
Is the Rod a collectable? Should I try to use it? If so, what type
reel and line should I use?
Any information will be appreciated.

Harlan

_jj_
January 2nd, 2004, 04:59 AM
Quite a bit of company history, here ..
http://www.hardybc.com/Hardy%20history%20new.htm
Some rods here ..
http://oldtimeangler.tripod.com/index/rods.htm
Good luck ... let us know what you learn, for interests sake.
John T.