PDA

View Full Version : Help

big fish 2003
October 5th, 2003, 10:44 PM
I had a tournament today, and the bass were all over on a shallow edge,
the water was very clear and not much wind. I tried everything to get
bit and failed, how can you get these fish to bite?

Moe Conway
October 6th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Did you try a wacky rigged finess worm -- no weight? That would be my choice in
that situation.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Craig
October 6th, 2003, 03:00 AM
I would have back off a little, made a few long cast upstream of them and
burned a shallow running crank, buzzbait, or minnow over their heads. If
that didn't work, I would have gone 180° and grabbed my spinning combo and
change the spool to 4-pound test line. Tie on a small 1/16-ounce skirtless
jig with a Uncle Josh baby craw pork or small Pork O and work it slow

--
Craig

Bob La Londe
October 6th, 2003, 03:22 AM
"Moe Conway" > wrote in message
> Did you try a wacky rigged finess worm -- no weight? That would be my
choice in
> that situation.

Not a bad choice. I might have tried to tease a reaction bite or two out of
them with a 6 or 7 inch zoom worm and a very light bullet weight. Not
pegged. I like the way the worm falls when the weight slides away from it
and falls faster than the worm.

I would not have put it right on top of them, but rather tried to toss it
3-5 feet in front of a target fish and tease him with it. Since you were
sight fishing the lack of tension on the worm would not have affected your
ability to time a hook set.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

> --
> The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
> trade-in value.
> Good Fishing - Moe
> Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) - http://moebassguide.com
> Outdoor Frontiers http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/index

alwaysfishking
October 7th, 2003, 12:09 PM
I agree with Moe, without a doubt when fish aren't being aggressive I go
with a wacky rig, seems to get them biting, second choice would have been a
craw with a rattle.