PDA

View Full Version : Boat Gloat

Jim & Lil
February 16th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Hi there ....
My wife and I do a LOT of fishing together on the water. she is my best
fishing buddy

I had to come here and give you a gloat on the boat I just ordered
yesterday. We sold our 19 foot Smokercraft FAZER boat last September. Reason
for selling is that I pull a new 27 foot 5th wheel trailer with my Dodge 1
ton dually deisel and the whole unit was too long to meet legal requirements
for being on the road. I had to shorten my 'Train" by a few feet. We decided
that since we are fishing smaller waters that the boat could be shortened. I
left a lot of good memories with that boat ..

I just bought a 2004 17 Ft Lund Adventure series "Fisherman" boat with
a 4 stroke 150HP Yamaha and a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke matching kicker . I kept
our 54 lb trust autopilot for the front end of the boat so will attach that.
I ordered dual controls for both engines so I can operate both motors
without having to leave the captains chair... IE:...9.9 has its own
electric start, power trim and throttle located right at my fingertips so I
don't even have to go back there to pull the cord.
I had asked for advice on what fish finder to get on this group but was
met with no response so I bought the new Lowrance X135 as it seemed close to
my LMS350A Lowrance fish finder bought in 1994. It has no GPS capabilities
as I use a handheld GPS.

I threw the whole package on a Shorelander galvanized trailer with
brakes. I made a deposit on it and am waiting 6-8 weeks for its arrival...

I am on cloud 9 and can't wait to see our new boat!.....now where is
springtime?....can we hurry it up?

Regards...Jim

Shawn
February 16th, 2004, 04:23 AM
sounds very nice hope you have lots of fun in it

"

RobbS
February 25th, 2004, 12:35 AM
and you didn't even invite any of us to come on out to break it in this
spring.
OK, that's it! Come spring, I'll just pile myself into my leaky, 14'
fibreglass canoe, and pretend I'm better than all of you!! (which, actually,
I'm getting pretty darn good at...). Maybe even catch a gar while I'm at
it.......

P B
May 27th, 2005, 08:56 PM
So! Woolly, Bully for you!
Brag much?
Maybe try a spell checker before you post
"Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi there ....
> My wife and I do a LOT of fishing together on the water. she is my best
> fishing buddy
>
> I had to come here and give you a gloat on the boat I just ordered
> yesterday. We sold our 19 foot Smokercraft FAZER boat last September.
Reason
> for selling is that I pull a new 27 foot 5th wheel trailer with my Dodge 1
> ton dually deisel and the whole unit was too long to meet legal
requirements
> for being on the road. I had to shorten my 'Train" by a few feet. We
decided
> that since we are fishing smaller waters that the boat could be shortened.
> left a lot of good memories with that boat ..
>
> I just bought a 2004 17 Ft Lund Adventure series "Fisherman" boat
with
> a 4 stroke 150HP Yamaha and a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke matching kicker . I kept
> our 54 lb trust autopilot for the front end of the boat so will attach
that.
> I ordered dual controls for both engines so I can operate both motors
> without having to leave the captains chair... IE:...9.9 has its own
> electric start, power trim and throttle located right at my fingertips so
> don't even have to go back there to pull the cord.
> I had asked for advice on what fish finder to get on this group but
was
> met with no response so I bought the new Lowrance X135 as it seemed close
> my LMS350A Lowrance fish finder bought in 1994. It has no GPS capabilities
> as I use a handheld GPS.
>
> I threw the whole package on a Shorelander galvanized trailer with
> brakes. I made a deposit on it and am waiting 6-8 weeks for its arrival...
>
> I am on cloud 9 and can't wait to see our new boat!.....now where
is
> springtime?....can we hurry it up?
>
> Regards...Jim

Joe Z
May 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM
"P B" > wrote in message
So! Woolly, Bully for you!
Brag much?
Maybe try a spell checker before you post
"Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Gee, so he goofed on diesel. Big deal. Some would call you on top posting.
Nice boat, why not brag. IMHO. Joe Z.

Joe Z
May 28th, 2005, 02:19 AM
"P B" > wrote in message
Well I have just bought a new boat as well but don't need to brag!
But if you must know it's a 2005 19 FT Bayliner Capri
with a 140 HP MercCruser I/o & all the other bells & Whistles!
"Joe Z" > wrote in message

> "P B" > wrote in message
> So! Woolly, Bully for you!
> Brag much?
> Maybe try a spell checker before you post
> "Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
> Gee, so he goofed on diesel. Big deal. Some would call you on top posting.
> Nice boat, why not brag. IMHO. Joe Z.

Nice unit. You should be proud. Joe Z.

P B
May 28th, 2005, 03:36 AM