PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa River, Deschenes Rapids

RobbS
February 27th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Just below the rapids, to the SE, there is a large discharge pipe from
the water treatment plant at Mud Lake. I've been plunking myself down at the
Deschenes Lookout (to dream of open water and warm weather) and I've noticed
that sometimes the ice opens up at that spot and steam escapes. Thus, warmer
water.
Has anyone noticed this before? I've seen it up close via canoe, but I'm
wondering if setting a hole a short distance downstream might produce a fish
or two-enty? I've seen many a post about fishing industry discharges on the
Detroit River and spots along the Great Lakes. So why not on the "Great and
Mighty" Ottawa River?
I'm only asking 'cause I'm too chicken-sh*t to go bore a hole myself. I
got a wee problem with wintertime and honestly do prefer to fish for fish
instead of ice. Call me a wuss, it's OK because I'm too numb to react
anyhoo. 'Scuse me whilst I crawl back into my den and go back to
sleep........