PDA

View Full Version : Billy Westmorland Rods

Who Cares
October 6th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Anyonee ever use them? Did you like them? Are they all alike or
differant? Are they all stiff? Thanks in advance.

RichZ
October 6th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Who wrote:
> Anyonee ever use them? Did you like them? Are they all alike or
> differant? Are they all stiff? Thanks in advance.

Is someone still marketing a rod with the Billy Westmoreland name on it? If
so, is anything like the rods he really used? Most of Billy's rods were 5'
- 3" long with Tennessee handles (no reel seat), and were on the stiff side
for line/lure weight he fished with them.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

AJH
October 6th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Bass Pro Shops has had them for a few years,they have the TN handle but
I'm not sure about the length

I fish therefore I lie

RichZ
October 6th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Ajh wrote:
> Bass Pro Shops has had them for a few years,

Yes, but do they still have them listed since Billy passed away? I thought
they took them out of the catalog this year.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

AJH
October 7th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Yes, they are in the summer 2003 catalog with a notice of his death..

I fish therefore I lie

AJH
October 7th, 2003, 12:30 AM
The TN handles aren't available any more..

I fish therefore I lie

RichZ
October 7th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Ajh wrote:
> The TN handles aren't available any more..

Actually, I don't imagine he had any problem with those "internal" reel
seats. But every one of those rods seems long for Billy. When I fished with
him at 1000 Islands, he had 4 spinning rods on the deck -- 1 for a
fly-n-rind, one for a stingray grub on a 1/16 oz head, one with a T-rigged
4" Dingaling Lizard, and one with a Silver Buddy. The first two had 4 lb
line, the other two 10 pound. But only the last one was longer than 5-3,
and that one wasn't 6 feet. Then again, that was many years ago, and I know
my taste in rods has certainly changed over that time. I imagine his might
have, too.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing