PDA

View Full Version : How much "science" is enough?

John Kerr
October 6th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I'm not much of a "scientific" fisherman, I leave that to my son <g>! I
got up this morning, looked at my "weather rock" hanging on the back
porch...it was dry and not swinging back and forth too much, so I got in
the little red truck and headed out to Kentucky Lake. Decided to just
mess around on the bank...I know some spots where I can reach some
original creek channels from the points along them. My son gave me a new
rod and reel a few weeks back, and I decided to try it out....a
Retroflexk hsx40, and a little Quantum IC 2, he knows I like to use the
spinning stuff when bank fishing (love that kid...and his sponsers!).
Anyway, I didn't check the "conditions", or fish reports, just went
fishing <g>! Spooled up with some 5lb. Maxima Ultragreen, took my
"little" tackle box, started out with an "Angler" cinnamon blue neon
straight tail, and went fishing! The weather was great, had the pup with
me...I spent about half my time fishing and half my time keeping track
of the pup:). My nephew had shown me this spot a few years back, it's a
good little walk from the road end, and not fished much. Got there about
8:00...still a bit chilly on the shady side of the point, but warmed up
quick when the sun got up over the trees. Stayed till 11:00, then me and
the pup packed up and came home for lunch. No science, just a geat
couple hours...even out smarted a couple "lil ole" bass <g>. Sometimes
it's fun to just go fishing!
JK

alwayfishking
October 7th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Sometimes?... all the time : )
"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> I'm not much of a "scientific" fisherman, I leave that to my son <g>! I
> got up this morning, looked at my "weather rock" hanging on the back
> porch...it was dry and not swinging back and forth too much, so I got in
> the little red truck and headed out to Kentucky Lake. Decided to just
> mess around on the bank...I know some spots where I can reach some
> original creek channels from the points along them. My son gave me a new
> rod and reel a few weeks back, and I decided to try it out....a
> Retroflexk hsx40, and a little Quantum IC 2, he knows I like to use the
> spinning stuff when bank fishing (love that kid...and his sponsers!).
> Anyway, I didn't check the "conditions", or fish reports, just went
> fishing <g>! Spooled up with some 5lb. Maxima Ultragreen, took my
> "little" tackle box, started out with an "Angler" cinnamon blue neon
> straight tail, and went fishing! The weather was great, had the pup with
> me...I spent about half my time fishing and half my time keeping track
> of the pup:). My nephew had shown me this spot a few years back, it's a
> good little walk from the road end, and not fished much. Got there about
> 8:00...still a bit chilly on the shady side of the point, but warmed up
> quick when the sun got up over the trees. Stayed till 11:00, then me and
> the pup packed up and came home for lunch. No science, just a geat
> couple hours...even out smarted a couple "lil ole" bass <g>. Sometimes
> it's fun to just go fishing!
> JK

J Buck
October 7th, 2003, 12:52 AM
No $30,000 boat? No 500 dollar rod and reel combo? No GPS? And you had a
good time? LoL I'm kidding, of course. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Charles B. Summers
October 7th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Only thing that I look for is the weather. I do not want to get out there
and be ten miles away from the ramp, and a storm sneak up on me. Also,
strong winds still scare me and I'd rather not repeat what happened a few
years ago.

Other than that... I could care less what the fishing reports are. I still
like them and read them... but could really care less.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com