PDA

View Full Version : fish fertility magic.

David Dalton
May 2nd, 2004, 12:19 AM
Here's a followup I posted to nf.general,nf.arts just now .
Ha if you want to try it yourself I guess you could make
love while on a fishing/camping trip in a tent and dedicate
your expansive orgasms to improving the fertility of a given
fish species or muliple species or local subset. If you are
worried about permission of your deity request your
deity to gatekeeper the working so effectively it becomes
a creative prayer and such innovation is sometimes rewarded.
Anyway, if nothing else this may amuse you but I am also
interested in what you know of fish symbolism in (worldwide)
religion, mythology and folklore so follow up here or to
the related post on alt.mythology if you know any and/or
on alt.native if it is native lore. Also come visit Newfoundland and
Labrador (George Bush senior fishes in Labrador regularly).

On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:32:58 -0230, David Dalton >
wrote:

>So what are examples you know of of fish symbolism in
>mythology/religion?

and Newfoundland and Labrador folklore including
native lore (and other folklore from around the world
too)

>I may try to put together a
>composite poem refering to some and to the Newfoundland
>fishery (and possibly global fishery too), perhaps an invocation
>for it to regenerate.
>
>Of course the one most relevant to most Newfoundlanders is
>the Christian fish one, which I would invoke among others.

If some Christians say I can't, they can't say that, only
the Christian God (and Jesus if different) can say that
and if I attempt visualization and linkage of such symbol
and it intuitively works (or better, actually results in
increased fish fertility, not that we could rape the fish
again then though) then I have permission. I don't
always, sometimes I might try a Strawberry link
for a red guitar and it doesn't work and then maybe
a Partridgeberry one does, in terms of feedback effects
on me and perhaps in sound though local musicians
would know that more objectively than me, and if
so might think I and one or more bisexual by nature women
working together can bring back the fish and more, and
bring about a global new age.

Ha, I'm still just trying to get a date for May 4 full moon,
obviously. (But I bet Jesus and Magdalene did get
together, and in pagan terms there is a Great Rite
and one example of that is Morgaine and Arthur
getting together at Beltane [now] in Marion Zimmer
Bradley's book The Mists of Avalon.)