PDA

View Full Version : soap

Gone Angling
October 7th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish slime
coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to linger a
long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak. Is
there a good soap?

Dave Norton
October 7th, 2003, 09:27 PM
"Oduer de Polecat " should do the trick! And with that "plonk" back to the
idiot bin you go!

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish
slime
> coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to
linger a
> long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak. Is
> there a good soap?

caveat lector - reader beware
October 9th, 2003, 04:52 PM
>From: (Gone Angling)
>Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
>Date: 07 Oct 2003 19:47:50 GMT

>Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish slime
>coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to linger a
>long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak. Is
>there a good soap?

I like Dr. Bronner's 18-n-1 Peppermint.
Ask for it in the health food stores.
It is biodegradeable, and favored by hippies and backpackers alike.
When I was in the Navy, I'd mix Dr. B's and Dial AntiBacterial liquid soap,
and could do a full shower with 5 drops of the stuff.

I just thought of mixing lemon and vinegar, or maybe a prewash with vinegar,
then the Dr. B's soap, if the Salmon is too strong an odor.

:)

--

- -- - -- - --
-- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Bob Rickard
October 10th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Toothpaste.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish
slime
> coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to
linger a
> long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak. Is
> there a good soap?

Charles B. Summers
October 10th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Bob must be getting old... or senile.

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
. ..
> Toothpaste.
>
> --
> Bob Rickard
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> --------------------------<=x O')))><
>
> "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> > Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish
> slime
> > coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to
> linger a
> > long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak.
Is
> > there a good soap?

Bob Rickard
October 12th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Nope. Toothpaste works!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> Bob must be getting old... or senile.
>
> "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Toothpaste.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Rickard
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > --------------------------<=x O')))><
> >
> > "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> > > Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish
> > slime
> > > coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to
> > linger a
> > > long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me
flak.
> Is
> > > there a good soap?

WM
October 27th, 2003, 02:52 PM
On 07 Oct 2003 19:47:50 GMT, Gone Angling wrote:

> Is there a particular brand of soap that will remove the smell of fish slime
> coat from your hands. Bass isn't too bad but pike and salmon seem to linger a
> long time. It bothers me not but others close to me are giving me flak. Is
> there a good soap?

Any stuff with orange oil works well, like that automotive hand
cleaner with pumice. The pumice and orange oil gets the stink out.

Bill & Lynda
October 30th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Toothpaste does work very well, and you can use the same toothbrush Al.

Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
m...
> Nope. Toothpaste works!
>
> --
> Bob Rickard
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> --------------------------<=x O')))><
>

> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Bob must be getting old... or senile.
> >
> > "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Toothpaste.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob Rickard
> > > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > > --------------------------<=x O')))><

> > > slime
> > > linger a
> flak.
> > Is

Calif Bill
October 30th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Was out helping at a Special Ed fishing derby last week. Afterwards is
talking to a trout fisherman. He is using powerbait and adds a dab of Crest
toothpaste to the PB. He said an old guy told him of it years ago and seems
to help. He thinks the toothpaste has some anise in it among other
ingredients.

"Bill & Lynda" > wrote in message
> Toothpaste does work very well, and you can use the same toothbrush Al.
>
> Bill
> Chesapeake, Va
>

> "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Nope. Toothpaste works!
> >
> > --
> > Bob Rickard
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > --------------------------<=x O')))><
> >

> > "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> > message ...
> > > Bob must be getting old... or senile.
> > >
> > > "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

> fish
> > flak.
> > > Is

A man
November 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Use that soap with orange oil and pumice in it. Find it in the
automotive section of your local large store. It's called "Fast
Orange".

--
"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove
all doubt."

Charles B. Summers
November 10th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Oh.. I know that, but responding to Al is very unlike you!

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
m...
> Nope. Toothpaste works!
>
> --
> Bob Rickard
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> --------------------------<=x O')))><
>

> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Bob must be getting old... or senile.
> >
> > "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Toothpaste.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob Rickard
> > > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > > --------------------------<=x O')))><

> > > slime
> > > linger a
> flak.
> > Is

Bob Rickard
November 11th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Al is seeming lately to be almost normal every once in a while. Scary. I
guess that is how senility begins; with impossible halucinations.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com
--------------------------<=x O')))><

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> Oh.. I know that, but responding to Al is very unlike you!
>
> "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Nope. Toothpaste works!
> >
> > --
> > Bob Rickard
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > --------------------------<=x O')))><
> >

> > "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> > message ...
> > > Bob must be getting old... or senile.
> > >
> > > "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

> fish
> > flak.
> > > Is

Charles B. Summers
November 11th, 2003, 03:40 PM
In all these years, you would think he would have to grow up eventually.

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> Al is seeming lately to be almost normal every once in a while. Scary. I
> guess that is how senility begins; with impossible halucinations.
>
> --
> Bob Rickard
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> --------------------------<=x O')))><
>

> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Oh.. I know that, but responding to Al is very unlike you!
> >
> > "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Nope. Toothpaste works!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob Rickard
> > > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > > --------------------------<=x O')))><
> > >

> > > "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote
in
> > > message ...

> > fish
> > > flak.

Henry Hefner
November 12th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Bob Rickard wrote:

> Al is seeming lately to be almost normal every once in a while. Scary. I
> guess that is how senility begins; with impossible halucinations.

Al isn't one of my favorite posters here, but I haven't felt the need to
"plonk" him, as I have several others.

To answer his original question, the best thing to remove fish smell is
to scrub very well without forgetting the fingernails, then use one of
those no-rinse hand sanitizing gels like Germ-x.