PDA

View Full Version : field repair.

Gone Angling
October 7th, 2003, 08:53 PM
I was stringing my rod and noticed that the top guide was dislodged. Not
snapped but simply loose to the point of falling off. It almost unhinged me
since this malfunction would end my outing. I used fireline and super glue to
secure it. I take superglue to secure my knots with fireline. The repair meant
i could continue fishing for the evening..

Dan Krueger
October 8th, 2003, 01:59 AM
You should write a book when you finish high school. This is amazing stuff!

Gone Analing wrote:
> I was stringing my rod and noticed that the top guide was dislodged. Not
> snapped but simply loose to the point of falling off. It almost unhinged me
> since this malfunction would end my outing. I used fireline and super glue to
> secure it. I take superglue to secure my knots with fireline. The repair meant
> i could continue fishing for the evening..

caveat lector - reader beware
October 9th, 2003, 04:43 PM
>From: (Gone Angling)
>Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
>Date: 07 Oct 2003 19:53:29 GMT

>I was stringing my rod and noticed that the top guide was dislodged. Not
>snapped but simply loose to the point of falling off. It almost unhinged me
>since this malfunction would end my outing. I used fireline and super glue to
>secure it. I take superglue to secure my knots with fireline. The repair
>meant
>i could continue fishing for the evening..

Good job. $2 in materials, plus ingenuity, saves the day. When I went on a
7-day houseboating trip to lake Shasta, I brought 5 rods/reels, and a rod tip
repair kit, in the taclke box. The kit has a plastic glue stick, that has to
be heated, with a flame. I still have the glue stick.

Still fishing after all those beers. :)

--

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.