PDA

View Full Version : Electronics repairers?

Spider
December 9th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Hi guys I hope someone in the Melbourne area can help me find a marine
electronics repairer. My Radar and both my sounders need attention. It used
to be that you could get a tech to visit your boat and fix the problems on
board but it seems now you have to take the items to the shop so they can
send it interstate for repairs and you might see them back in a month or 6
weeks. If anyone can recommend a tech on the S.E. side of Melbourne I would
appreciate it.
Dave

Lindsay
December 9th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Spider wrote:

> Hi guys I hope someone in the Melbourne area can help me find a marine
> electronics repairer. My Radar and both my sounders need attention. It used
> to be that you could get a tech to visit your boat and fix the problems on
> board but it seems now you have to take the items to the shop so they can
> send it interstate for repairs and you might see them back in a month or 6
> weeks. If anyone can recommend a tech on the S.E. side of Melbourne I would
> appreciate it.

There's an electronics tech named Marcus Grinblat who lives/lived in
the SE 'burbs. Used to have a shop in Mordialloc called Beacon
Electronics. He's an awesome bloke. Helped me out heaps with my
weather satellite equipment and reception. And I *KNOW* he did on-site
work on boats... I'm pretty sure he did a lot of the electronics on
the scallop boats in Mordi Creek... Only thing is I dont know where he's
at thesedays...

Last time I ran into him was in the aus.radio.scanner newsgroup a
couple of years ago. You could try yelling for him in there, or the
guys there may be able to steer you towards a competent elecronics
tech... If not, try asking the guys that run the bigger fishing boats
in Mordi Creek. They may have a bloke who does on-site work...

Good luck!

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN