PDA

View Full Version : portable fish finder

john
January 8th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Hi to all,
Just wondering if anyone has used one of the "see to sea" little fish
finders that are on e-bay all the time. They just run on 4AA batteries
and sell for about $60-70 aus. and have a small display. I only want
to know how much water I am in and maybe a bit of an idea of the
bottom. It is only for my 12ft car topper.
Thanks
John

jim garvey
January 17th, 2004, 02:25 AM
john
my dad made a portable fish finder.he got an old plastic cask cooler and cut
the top to fit his sounder.in the bottom he put a dry cell 12 volt
bat.trand.cable runs out the spout and mounts on the rollick tube on his 10
ft tinny.will work on any boat just need a hole to mount the transd.
cheers
jim