PDA

View Full Version : what are the legalities????

Chris
January 20th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Situation:
Frankston Peir evening there is always a 4" or so stingray or two circling
around then end. Not many flatties are on the bite. only a few gar and
anything else is slim pickings....

If someone was to land the stingray is it a catch and release situation or
can it be removed...?

Over the past few nights I have seen a few around that area... I feel a good
20 - 30 mtr length of trace wire with a couple of pilchards sould be able to
secure the "beast" for landing of ties directly to the peir

Chris.

Peter Mance
January 21st, 2004, 02:53 AM
I'd be very interested to see a four inch ray take a whole pilchard.

It would be a bit sad to 'take' a four foot ray in my opinion. Let the poor
thing be and go find Flathead somewhere else.

"Chris" > wrote in message
> Situation:
> Frankston Peir evening there is always a 4" or so stingray or two circling
> around then end. Not many flatties are on the bite. only a few gar and
> anything else is slim pickings....
>
> If someone was to land the stingray is it a catch and release situation or
> can it be removed...?
>
> Over the past few nights I have seen a few around that area... I feel a
good
> 20 - 30 mtr length of trace wire with a couple of pilchards sould be able
> secure the "beast" for landing of ties directly to the peir
>

> Chris.

Chris
January 21st, 2004, 05:57 AM
four FOOT.... not inch.... sorry for the typo.......

I wouldn't really be bothered over a 4 inch stinger....

Chris

GraemeLWXYZ
January 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM
Wait until its blowing a gale and fish for salmon off the Frankston pier.
Occasionally there are lots caught off the left side when its windy.