PDA

View Full Version : Crabs traps info please

Mitch
February 4th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Can someone give me some info on types of crab traps type and how to use or
how to make. or where to find info thanks.

Andrew Gabb
February 5th, 2004, 12:37 PM
For the ultimate information on blue swimmer crabs see
http://www.blue-crab.org/

Although this site is in the US and applies to the Atlantic crab
they appear almost identical to blue swimmers, even though they are
different genus/species.

Crab nets as used by amateurs from jetties and boats are usually
hoop drop nets baited with some sort of meat, typically roo, fish,
etc. They cost about $9-$12 from tackle shops. The best are the ones
with a metal grid bottom (*not* chicken wire).

Andrew

--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia

PetenGail
February 16th, 2004, 10:25 AM
you can get some good info from dpi fisheries qld... i make my own... whre do
you live?