PDA

View Full Version : FS: VHF Handhelds

Garry Beattie
February 12th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Sorry for the intrusion again everyone, and I very rarely use this email
address for this purpose.
However hot on the heals of our Icom VHF radio deal (and how popular was
that!!) I have been offered a special price on VHF Handheld radio's. (By the
way the Icom VHF is still available too at the special price.)

I know a lot of you have a VHF in your boat but have often commented about
getting a VHF handheld radio. I know I want one for my boat so that my wife
or kids can keep in touch with the boat when they go exploring islands, or
as an emergency back up radio.

Trouble is they are very expensive, with most of them costing between $400
and $600.

The deal that I have worked out is for brand new, fully featured, Humminbird
VHF handhelds.

Some of the features are listed below if you care to read on. They do
feature 54 channels covering all the Australian channels, plus tri watch,
dual scan and 10 channel programmable memory PLUS a number of other goodies,
including a 12v cigarette lighter plug so you don't run your batteries down.

It looks like I may be able to get these for around the $200 mark, possibly
less depending on the number ordered.

Before pursuing this further I just thought I would run it by you guys to
see who would be interested at approx. that price.

Please let me know at if you are keen.

Best regards

Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer and
Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
www.ocean-spirit.com

______________________________
Specifications

Powerful 5 Watt unit is a rugged, fully programmable unit. The Humminbird
VHF-5A Plus provides complete marine communications in a compact, handheld
design. They included battery eliminator connects to any cigarette lighter
style 12V plug and the long lasting, replaceable Alkaline battery power pack
provide ultimate versatility and portability. Features include a built-in
weather radio with radio alert, Scan, Dual-Scan, Tri-Watch, a programmable
CALL button and a 10 Channel memory. Package includes a free protective
waterproof pouch to help you protect your investment from scratches and
water damage. Radio comes with Australia International, USA, UK and Weather
Bands

Features

Special Pack - Battery Eliminator and Waterproof Pouch - FREE
Battery Eliminator Connects to Any Cigarette Lighter - No Need for
Batteries!
Removable Alkaline Battery Case - 8 easily replaceable AA batteries
Built-in Weather Radio with Weather Alert
Volume & Squelch Adjustment
10 Memory Channels
Complete Channel Scanning Capabilities
Scan, Dual and Tri Channel Watch
Programmable CALL button
Channel 16 Instant Access Button
USA, International and Weather Bands
Emergency SOS broadcasts
High or low transmit power
External microphone and headset jacks
Rotary volume and channel adjustments
Adjustable squelch
Keypad lock feature
Power saver mode
Display Backlight
Low Battery Indicator

Specifications

Power Output High: 5 Watts, Low: 1 Watt
Frequency Range: Transmit: 156.025-157.425MHz
Receive: 156.050-163.275MHz
Channels: 50 USA, 54 Aus & INT, 10Weather, 10 Programmable Memory
Battery: 8 AA Replaceable Alkaline (not included)