PDA

View Full Version : What can we do?

Spider
February 17th, 2004, 03:14 AM
It seems both on this news group and in other forums that there is a growing
unrest among the responsible fisher folk in Victoria about the lack of
policing of the catch particularly in and around Port Phillip Bay.
We all pay our licence fees and expect that there would be an increase
in policing activity, but inevitably we all see those people on the piers
and in hire boats taking everything with fins and nothing seems to be done
about it.
Can anyone propose a solution so that our voices will be heard in the
corridors of power?
We need to be heard not as one voice representing some vague portion
of the community that are never seen, but as many voices, with faces showing
the passion that we feel shouting loud enough to shake the foundations of
the elected and threatening their futures just as our recreational future is
threatened by those who fail to comply with the rules.
Perhaps a march on parliament house? lets talk about it people and
come up with a solution.
Dave