PDA

View Full Version : FS Various

Garry Beattie
March 8th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Hi Guys.

With the special deals we have been able to organise for bulk buys of the
Icom VHF Radio and Humminbird VHF Handheld, quite a few people have emailed
me and asked if I could do any special bulk buy deals on other products such
as a GPS or a fishfinder/depth sounder.

I am happy to say that we can now offer the following, provided we get
sufficient people wanting it. I am about to update the web site at
www.ocean-spirit.com. Just click on the button that says "Ocean Spirit Shop"
or go direct to
http://www.ocean-spirit.com/shop.htm.

Garmen E-Trex GPS $220:00 (RRP (Recommended retail) is $355:00, Whitworths
have them on special at present for $249:00)
Humminbird 100SX Fishfinder $220:00. (BIAS price is $279:00)
Garmen FF80 Fishfinder: $210 (RRP is $270:00. Whitworths $249:00, BIAS
$249:00)
Garmen FF120 Fishfinder: $280 (RRP is $319:00, Whitworths $299:00)
Humminbird VHF5A VHF Handheld: $205:00
Icom M-IC45 VHF radio: $410:00 (RRP is $490:00, Whitworths $429:00)
Uniden Mystic VHF Handheld and GPS with Mapping all in the one unit $750:00

I am chasing up more prices on different things for you guys so the best bet
will be to keep an eye out on the web site. I will be updating it as more
items become available.

Best regards

--
Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &

Grumpy
March 8th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Hi Garry,

Does one still require a VHF licence or certificate for these units?

Regards

Alan

"Garry Beattie" > wrote in message
. au...
> Hi Guys.
>
> With the special deals we have been able to organise for bulk buys of the
> Icom VHF Radio and Humminbird VHF Handheld, quite a few people have
emailed
> me and asked if I could do any special bulk buy deals on other products
such
> as a GPS or a fishfinder/depth sounder.
>
> I am happy to say that we can now offer the following, provided we get
> sufficient people wanting it. I am about to update the web site at
> www.ocean-spirit.com. Just click on the button that says "Ocean Spirit
Shop"
> or go direct to
> http://www.ocean-spirit.com/shop.htm.
>
> Garmen E-Trex GPS $220:00 (RRP (Recommended retail) is $355:00,
Whitworths
> have them on special at present for $249:00)
> Humminbird 100SX Fishfinder $220:00. (BIAS price is $279:00)
> Garmen FF80 Fishfinder: $210 (RRP is $270:00. Whitworths $249:00, BIAS
> $249:00)
> Garmen FF120 Fishfinder: $280 (RRP is $319:00, Whitworths $299:00)
> Humminbird VHF5A VHF Handheld: $205:00
> Icom M-IC45 VHF radio: $410:00 (RRP is $490:00, Whitworths $429:00)
> Uniden Mystic VHF Handheld and GPS with Mapping all in the one unit
$750:00

> I am chasing up more prices on different things for you guys so the best
bet
> will be to keep an eye out on the web site. I will be updating it as more
> items become available.
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Garry Beattie
> Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
> Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
> www.ocean-spirit.com

Garry Beattie
March 8th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately yes Allan.

You need to acquire a VHF licence to operate any VHF radio, but it is much
easier, and cheaper, these days then what it was when I sat for mine.

Contact your local VMR base. They usually have courses running at various
times for you to sit for your licence.

Best regards
--
Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
www.ocean-spirit.com

"Grumpy" > wrote in message
u...
> Hi Garry,
>
> Does one still require a VHF licence or certificate for these units?
>
> Regards
>
> Alan
>
> "Garry Beattie" > wrote in message
> . au...
> > Hi Guys.
> >
> > With the special deals we have been able to organise for bulk buys of
the
> > Icom VHF Radio and Humminbird VHF Handheld, quite a few people have
> emailed
> > me and asked if I could do any special bulk buy deals on other products
> such
> > as a GPS or a fishfinder/depth sounder.
> >
> > I am happy to say that we can now offer the following, provided we get
> > sufficient people wanting it. I am about to update the web site at
> > www.ocean-spirit.com. Just click on the button that says "Ocean Spirit
> Shop"
> > or go direct to
> > http://www.ocean-spirit.com/shop.htm.
> >
> > Garmen E-Trex GPS $220:00 (RRP (Recommended retail) is $355:00,
> Whitworths
> > have them on special at present for $249:00)
> > Humminbird 100SX Fishfinder $220:00. (BIAS price is $279:00)
> > Garmen FF80 Fishfinder: $210 (RRP is $270:00. Whitworths $249:00, BIAS
> > $249:00)
> > Garmen FF120 Fishfinder: $280 (RRP is $319:00, Whitworths $299:00)
> > Humminbird VHF5A VHF Handheld: $205:00
> > Icom M-IC45 VHF radio: $410:00 (RRP is $490:00, Whitworths $429:00)
> > Uniden Mystic VHF Handheld and GPS with Mapping all in the one unit
> $750:00
> >
> > I am chasing up more prices on different things for you guys so the best
> bet
> > will be to keep an eye out on the web site. I will be updating it as
more
> > items become available.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > --
> > Garry Beattie
> > Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
> > Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
> > www.ocean-spirit.com

Coasty
March 9th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I thought the ACA changed the rules and VHF were now under a class licence
the same as 27Mhz ?

Coasty

"Grumpy" > wrote in message
u...
> Hi Garry,
>
> Does one still require a VHF licence or certificate for these units?
>
> Regards
>
> Alan
>
> "Garry Beattie" > wrote in message
> . au...
> > Hi Guys.
> >
> > With the special deals we have been able to organise for bulk buys of
the
> > Icom VHF Radio and Humminbird VHF Handheld, quite a few people have
> emailed
> > me and asked if I could do any special bulk buy deals on other products
> such
> > as a GPS or a fishfinder/depth sounder.
> >
> > I am happy to say that we can now offer the following, provided we get
> > sufficient people wanting it. I am about to update the web site at
> > www.ocean-spirit.com. Just click on the button that says "Ocean Spirit
> Shop"
> > or go direct to
> > http://www.ocean-spirit.com/shop.htm.
> >
> > Garmen E-Trex GPS $220:00 (RRP (Recommended retail) is $355:00,
> Whitworths
> > have them on special at present for $249:00)
> > Humminbird 100SX Fishfinder $220:00. (BIAS price is $279:00)
> > Garmen FF80 Fishfinder: $210 (RRP is $270:00. Whitworths $249:00, BIAS
> > $249:00)
> > Garmen FF120 Fishfinder: $280 (RRP is $319:00, Whitworths $299:00)
> > Humminbird VHF5A VHF Handheld: $205:00
> > Icom M-IC45 VHF radio: $410:00 (RRP is $490:00, Whitworths $429:00)
> > Uniden Mystic VHF Handheld and GPS with Mapping all in the one unit
> $750:00
> >
> > I am chasing up more prices on different things for you guys so the best
> bet
> > will be to keep an eye out on the web site. I will be updating it as
more
> > items become available.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > --
> > Garry Beattie
> > Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
> > Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
> > www.ocean-spirit.com

Garry Beattie
March 10th, 2004, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure if they are in the same class as 27Mhz, but you do need to have
a licence.

I think the local VMR would be the best people to contact.

I do know that they did change something in the licensing and you don't have
as much to learn to get it now than when I got mine.

Best regards