PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Game fishing?

David Tjahjono
March 19th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Hi!

Any real game fishing charters serving Melbourne area?

I want to catch big fishes and not flatheads.

Regards,

David

MICROVIEWVIC
March 24th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Go out in Westernport Bay - there are some pretty big sharks there at the
moment. I fish with only a 20lb trace and have been bitten through at least
twice on every trip out lately. There are a few charter boats out of Hastings.

David Tjahjono
March 25th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Hi!

I caught big elephant fishes (Sharks?) before.

Any other big fishes to catch in Westernport?

David

"MICROVIEWVIC" > wrote in message
> Go out in Westernport Bay - there are some pretty big sharks there at the
> moment. I fish with only a 20lb trace and have been bitten through at
least
> twice on every trip out lately. There are a few charter boats out of
Hastings.

MICROVIEWVIC
March 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM
7 Gill and thresher sharks - elephants won't bite through 20lb line, but they
give a good fight. I caught half a dozen small 7 gill sharks that I threw back
and 1 4ft gummy that was kept.

Scotty
March 31st, 2004, 12:32 PM
seem to recall Rex Hunt catching Makos out in Bass Strait on his show..must
be some charter operators out there who do this, although not sure what time
of year they are around (probably summer).