PDA

View Full Version : Tip for Bream n Flathead

Mike Lynn
April 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Throw away to prawns etc.
How about trying rump steak or chicken breast fillet.
Now dont laugh, my freezer is full.

Good luck

Steve Paris
April 18th, 2004, 09:08 PM
"Mike Lynn" > wrote in message
> Throw away to prawns etc.
> How about trying rump steak or chicken breast fillet.
> Now dont laugh, my freezer is full.
>
> Good luck

I won't laugh, been using chicken breast up here in the tropics for years.
The only fish I have not taken on it is Barramundi. Mangrove jacks love
chicken, as do Javelin fish and blue and threadfin salmon. I have found it
even more productive than live bait, and keeps the boat nice and clean.

--
Steve Paris L/S
Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland

Ken Oaf
April 19th, 2004, 12:10 AM
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:54:53 +1000, "Mike Lynn" >
wrote:

> Throw away to prawns etc.
> How about trying rump steak or chicken breast fillet.
> Now dont laugh, my freezer is full.

Chicken breast works very well in Sydney Harbour. It stops the pickers, like
leatherjacket, stealing the bait in one go and I have taken many species on it.