PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Dargo (Wonangatta, crooked etc)

Robert Varga
April 29th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Gday all,

I'm looking at heading up to Dargo to relax for a few days and maybe
do a bit of fishing. Before I head off, I was wondering what the
conditions are like this time of year.

Has anyone been there recently? Last I went (just before Christmas)
the lower Dargo river was the colour of chocolate (as was the
wonangatta), but there was a hell of a lot of water, but no fish.

Cheers,
Rob

Lindsay
April 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Robert Varga wrote:

> Gday all,

Hiya Gully! Remember me? :)

> I'm looking at heading up to Dargo to relax for a few days and maybe
> do a bit of fishing. Before I head off, I was wondering what the
> conditions are like this time of year.

I fished the Wonnagatta at Easter and got 2 eels. Mate has a property
with frontage, but bugger all fish in it. Shooting's good fun tho.. :)

http://www.hornet.net.au/pics/dargo/cwdata/lamb2.html was my lamb
http://www.hornet.net.au/pics/dargo/cwdata/lamb3.html

http://www.hornet.net.au/pics/tikka1.jpg is payback in a month or so..:)

> Has anyone been there recently? Last I went (just before Christmas)
> the lower Dargo river was the colour of chocolate (as was the
> wonangatta), but there was a hell of a lot of water, but no fish.

Thats sounds more like it.. :) I was up there in late Jan, and the
temp in the shade hit 43, 2 days running. Bugger all water tho...
You could walk across the 'gatta, and same at Easter. Not now tho.
They had a LOT of rain last weekend, so yeah, it'll be moving mud
at the mo. Best to wait till the snow melts..

> Cheers,
> Rob

And to you...

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Actually, I'm not sure what to think..." - Qolon.
Qolon: Living proof that the mental health system is buggered.
'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Robert Varga
May 3rd, 2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the Reply Lindsay,

Gully? Are you sure you've got the right Robert? Hmm..maybe jog my
memory! :)

I ended up heading up to Dargo on the weekend just passed, more out of
curiousity then anything else.

I haven't seen rain like that in ages. Both the Wonangatta and Dargo
were higher in level, and quite cold, but nothing near their high
mark.

Where abouts do you go shooting in Dargo? On your mate's place, or do
you know somewhere else where there are a few rabbits/foxes? (I had
trouble finding a place that wasn't private property or hilly/scrubby
as hell).

Anyway, thanks for the reply and take it easy.

Cheers
Rob

Lindsay
May 3rd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Robert Varga wrote:

> Thanks for the Reply Lindsay,
>
> Gully? Are you sure you've got the right Robert? Hmm..maybe jog my
> memory! :)

Hehe Looks like I've got the wrong Robert Varga !! Sorry 'bout that.:)

> I ended up heading up to Dargo on the weekend just passed, more out of
> curiousity then anything else.
>
> I haven't seen rain like that in ages. Both the Wonangatta and Dargo
> were higher in level, and quite cold, but nothing near their high
> mark.

Yeah.. my mate was up there this weekend picking his walnuts, Gee it
would have been cold...

> Where abouts do you go shooting in Dargo? On your mate's place

Yep... there's a couple of bunnies there, but it's the dogs I'm after..

, or do
> you know somewhere else where there are a few rabbits/foxes? (I had
> trouble finding a place that wasn't private property or hilly/scrubby
> as hell).

Thats true.. there isnt any.. where it's cleared, it's owned. Your
best bet (if your 4wd'ing) is try some of the tracks at night..

> Anyway, thanks for the reply and take it easy.

And to you!!

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN