PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Moreton Bay

Sam Payne
May 22nd, 2004, 07:38 AM
Hi

Does anyone know where the best spots are to fish in Moreton Bay? I am just
new to the area.

Sam

Mil80C
May 23rd, 2004, 01:05 AM
Sam,
I am just starting to feel my way around the bay as well but have found some
spots useful, depends on what sort of boat you have and what you are after.
If you only have a tinny, I would recommend you stay out of the bay in
anything other than very good weather, The Curtin Artificial Reef is a good
spot, Snapper, reef fish and Cobia as well as some good Bream, as are the
wrecks at Tangalooma. There are good reefs at the top of Moreton Island on
a good day and the Cockle Banks south of Bribie are good for Whiting. Have
not done much fishing in the southern part of the bay though, someone else
might have some info there.
Dave

"Sam Payne" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know where the best spots are to fish in Moreton Bay? I am
just
> new to the area.
>
> Sam

SteveS
May 23rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
Not much in Pumicestone Passage in a boat or off the eastern side of Bribie
surfcasting last year. Have been away this year so don't know if it has
improved.

You really need a 20ft boat to do Moreton Is, etc unless you get a real good
day.

Stevesub

"Mil80C" > wrote in message
> Sam,
> I am just starting to feel my way around the bay as well but have found
some
> spots useful, depends on what sort of boat you have and what you are
after.
> If you only have a tinny, I would recommend you stay out of the bay in
> anything other than very good weather, The Curtin Artificial Reef is a
good
> spot, Snapper, reef fish and Cobia as well as some good Bream, as are the
> wrecks at Tangalooma. There are good reefs at the top of Moreton Island
on
> a good day and the Cockle Banks south of Bribie are good for Whiting.
Have
> not done much fishing in the southern part of the bay though, someone else
> might have some info there.
> Dave
>
> "Sam Payne" > wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone know where the best spots are to fish in Moreton Bay? I am
> just
> > new to the area.
> >
> > Sam

Sam Payne
May 23rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks for that I will give those areas a go!

Sam

"SteveS" > wrote in message
> Not much in Pumicestone Passage in a boat or off the eastern side of
Bribie
> surfcasting last year. Have been away this year so don't know if it has
> improved.
>
> You really need a 20ft boat to do Moreton Is, etc unless you get a real
good
> day.
>
> Stevesub
>

> "Mil80C" > wrote in message
> > Sam,
> > I am just starting to feel my way around the bay as well but have found
> some
> > spots useful, depends on what sort of boat you have and what you are
> after.
> > If you only have a tinny, I would recommend you stay out of the bay in
> > anything other than very good weather, The Curtin Artificial Reef is a
> good
> > spot, Snapper, reef fish and Cobia as well as some good Bream, as are
the
> > wrecks at Tangalooma. There are good reefs at the top of Moreton Island
> on
> > a good day and the Cockle Banks south of Bribie are good for Whiting.
> Have
> > not done much fishing in the southern part of the bay though, someone
else
> > might have some info there.
> > Dave
> >
> > "Sam Payne" > wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where the best spots are to fish in Moreton Bay? I am
> > just
> > > new to the area.
> > >
> > > Sam

Good o'
May 31st, 2004, 10:29 AM
go to www.ausfish.com.au

predominatly anglers from SE queensland.