PDA

View Full Version : fishing for bream with lures.

jackie
May 28th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me which is the best lure for bream fishing. I
am new to fishing with lures and would be interested in some
information. Thanks.

Jackie.

John
May 28th, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 28 May 2004 05:04:19 -0700, (jackie) wrote:

G'day Jackie,

>Can anyone please tell me which is the best lure for bream fishing. I
>am new to fishing with lures and would be interested in some
>information. Thanks.

I don't know a lot about it but I watched an Australian fishing
competition on foxtel the other day, can't remember what it was called
but they were lure fishing for bream in various places along the east
coast. Those who had the most success were using a soft plastic lure
called a bloodworm.

One tip I have heard a few times is to try around oyster leases at
about mid tide when the water is just lapping at the top of the
frames.

I'd be interested in hearing some advice on lure fishing for bream
too, the tv show inspired me to give it a try.

John

Matt Lobegeiger
May 28th, 2004, 02:31 PM
"jackie" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone please tell me which is the best lure for bream fishing. I
> am new to fishing with lures and would be interested in some
> information. Thanks.

check out the lure forum on www.fishnet.com.au there's lots of threads on
bream luring.

matt

> Jackie.

---

Tim Williams
May 29th, 2004, 01:05 AM
I do alot of bream fishing, especially chasing bream on lures, that
bloodworm they referred to is called a Bloodworm Squidgie Wriggler, its been
designed by Steve Starling and Kaj Busch, the brand of the lures are called
Squidgies.. the bloodworm is a particular colour in the range and the
"Wriggler" is the design of it, there is 3 designs, Wrigler, Fish, and
Shad... the fish is fish shaped, and the shad is fish shaped, but thinner
profile for your larger fish like flathead.

i have a website which is pretty much dedicated to soft plastic fishing,
along with other types of sportsfishing at www.fishseq.com (South East Qld
Based) but other sites to try are www.softplastics.com.au and
www.ausfish.com.au

Hope that helps

Tim

"Matt Lobegeiger" > wrote in message
> "jackie" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me which is the best lure for bream fishing. I
> > am new to fishing with lures and would be interested in some
> > information. Thanks.
>
> check out the lure forum on www.fishnet.com.au there's lots of threads on
> bream luring.
>
> matt
>

> > Jackie.
>

> ---

Paul Hart
June 1st, 2004, 02:41 PM
Try Rapala CD3 & CD5s . Also small soft plastic vibrotails work well.
Anything that mimics a small bait fish or bait item will be of interest to a
bream and most other species. Try working them slowly with a jerky action
and good luck.
om...