PDA

View Full Version : Sydnet this time of the year?

Badlands
June 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Any suggestions about where to go as a beginner this time of the year in
Sydney? What's on, and where/what to get?
Back where I come from (Sweden) we would do ice fishing during the winter
months, but that doesn't seem to be the thing down here, even if it is much
colder getting out of bed in the mornings now (central heating is now a
missed dearly missed) :)

I normally go to the Brooklyn bridge, and I get all these funny things but
so far I only got one legal flathead to bring home so I really want to know
where to go ..

Cheers
Bozz

Ken Oaf
June 5th, 2004, 10:38 AM
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:49:14 +1000, in aus.sport.fishing you wrote:

> Any suggestions about where to go as a beginner this time of the year in
> Sydney? What's on, and where/what to get?

It is bream time.

> Back where I come from (Sweden) we would do ice fishing during the winter
> months, but that doesn't seem to be the thing down here, even if it is much
> colder getting out of bed in the mornings now (central heating is now a
> missed dearly missed) :)
>
> I normally go to the Brooklyn bridge, and I get all these funny things but

The "funny things" are probably catfish. Nasty buggers. Look out for their
spines, they really hurt if they spike you and have put many people in hospital
over the years.

> so far I only got one legal flathead to bring home so I really want to know
> where to go ..

If you fish the Hawkesbury, the best places are really best accessed by boat.