PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite fluorocarbon?

SHRED
October 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.

I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
Which brand have you had success with?

I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan and
1 in Germany. Is that correct?

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 11th, 2003, 01:08 PM
"SHRED" > wrote in message news:qpwhb.52329$gv5.11787@fed1read05...
> As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
>
> I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> Which brand have you had success with?
>
> I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan and
> 1 in Germany. Is that correct?

I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it. I can personally guarantee
you won't like Vanish.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

SHREDİ
October 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "SHRED" > wrote in message
> > As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
> >
> > I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> > Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> > Which brand have you had success with?
> >
> > I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan
and
> > 1 in Germany. Is that correct?
> >

> I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it.
I can personally guarantee
> you won't like Vanish.

Yep. I also have heard that Vanish breaks way too much. I don't know if they
changed their formula but I don't want to take a risk.

> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Chris Rennert
October 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Seguar is by far the best Fluorocarbon I have used. I have landed 12lb
steelies on 2lb fluoro leaders (granted that is cold water and they are
not as fired up , but the strength is still there).
I haven't used P-Line 100% Fluoro yet, but do plan on it next spring.

Hope this helps

Chris
"SHREDİ" > wrote in message

> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> >
> > "SHRED" > wrote in message
> > > As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
> > >
> > > I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> > > Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> > > Which brand have you had success with?
> > >
> > > I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in
Japan
> and
> > > 1 in Germany. Is that correct?
> > >

> > I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it.
> I can personally guarantee
> > you won't like Vanish.
>
> Yep. I also have heard that Vanish breaks way too much. I don't know if
they
> changed their formula but I don't want to take a risk.
>
> > Steve
> > OutdoorFrontiers
> > http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> > G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> > http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Dave Norton
October 11th, 2003, 04:20 PM
There is another brand of line called Siglon. Manufactured
by Sunline. I first saw it at the Rodbuilders Conclave last Jan. This stuff
is awesome. Very little memory and none of the stiffness you associate with
flurocarbon. You can read at bit about it at: www.srtroutsupply.com .

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"SHREDİ" > wrote in message

> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> >
> > "SHRED" > wrote in message
> > > As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
> > >
> > > I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> > > Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> > > Which brand have you had success with?
> > >
> > > I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in
Japan
> and
> > > 1 in Germany. Is that correct?
> > >

> > I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it.
> I can personally guarantee
> > you won't like Vanish.
>
> Yep. I also have heard that Vanish breaks way too much. I don't know if
they
> changed their formula but I don't want to take a risk.
>
> > Steve
> > OutdoorFrontiers
> > http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> > G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> > http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Dark Knight
October 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Morning Shred,

I agree with the comments about Vanish here - not a good product.

My current fav for fluorocarbon is actually a bit of a hybrid. Cuda Fishing
Line, am Brazilian product under the TFD logo (www.tfd.cc), is a
fluorocarbon coated line that I've been experimenting with for more than a
year in my Walleye pursuits. It's much more user-friendly than the Vanish
product, and has significant strength to diameter. (The 8lbs will break
around the 12lbs mark...)

In fairness, this is not a line you'll find at the local bait shop - unless
you live near the ocean, but there are several places on the web where you
can pick it up.

DK

I agree with the comments
"SHRED" > wrote in message
> As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
>
> I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> Which brand have you had success with?
>
> I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan
and
> 1 in Germany. Is that correct?

go-bassn
November 4th, 2003, 05:14 PM
The best fcbn line out there is Seaguar. I used it all summer long & have
no complaints.

Warren

"SHRED" > wrote in message
> As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.
>
> I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
> Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
> Which brand have you had success with?
>
> I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan
and
> 1 in Germany. Is that correct?

SamB
November 5th, 2003, 02:41 AM
I'm Happy with the Tripple fish products. Use it for leader on my various
low stretch braids.
SamB