PDA

View Full Version : Pack Rods and Blanks

Rex Turner
October 10th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Hi guys (and Ladies too).
I want to build a pack rod for spinning
(here in Oz we have the highly prized Barramundi).
I need to carry it on my motorcycle while touring up the Top End,
where the Barra live....
Have any of you esteemed gents (or Ladies) a favourite pack rod,
and if so, do you know which blank it was built on.
TIA,
RexT.
Melbourne,
Australia.

Chris Jones
October 10th, 2003, 10:55 PM
On the upper end of the spectrum is G. Loomis. They have a very nice travel
rod that might fit the bill if you can afford it.
"Rex Turner" > wrote in message
> Hi guys (and Ladies too).
> I want to build a pack rod for spinning
> (here in Oz we have the highly prized Barramundi).
> I need to carry it on my motorcycle while touring up the Top End,
> where the Barra live....
> Have any of you esteemed gents (or Ladies) a favourite pack rod,
> and if so, do you know which blank it was built on.
> TIA,
> RexT.
> Melbourne,
> Australia.

Dave Norton
October 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Rex, There are any number of blanks I can recommend, But since this NG is
for and about bass fishing. Contact me by e-mail and I will be glad to help
you out.

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"Rex Turner" > wrote in message
> Hi guys (and Ladies too).
> I want to build a pack rod for spinning
> (here in Oz we have the highly prized Barramundi).
> I need to carry it on my motorcycle while touring up the Top End,
> where the Barra live....
> Have any of you esteemed gents (or Ladies) a favourite pack rod,
> and if so, do you know which blank it was built on.
> TIA,
> RexT.
> Melbourne,
> Australia.

October 13th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Go to rodbuilding.org, on the left will be a bunch of blank manufacturers,
All Star has a bunch of good travel blanks, Angler's Workshop also has a
variety of blanks in IM6 that make good rods and hold up well. St Croix has
some 3 piece blanks in their inshore series that have had good reviews.
Rainshadow also has some, they are great blanks at a good price. Rainshadow,
All Star ,and Angler's workshop have the most personable service and will
quickly answer any questions by e-mail.
Good Wraps.

Rex Turner
October 21st, 2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for assist - have settled on a Rainshadow,
3 piece, ISP843F-3-M.

Thanks all,
RexT.

Dave Norton