PDA

View Full Version : Skunked !

Josh
October 12th, 2003, 02:40 PM
The winning streak is over. Dumped, smushed. My girlfriend and I have been
fishing together now for 2 years and in all that time we've never been
skunked. In every outting we've boated at least one bass. Sometimes not very
big, but enough to avoid the dreaded skunk . . . until yesterday ! And I'm
stumped !

Got to the river, full moon out eve before, fifth day of straight hi 70's
mid 80's weather(uncanny for chicago this time of year), water temps in the
low to mid sixties, light wind out of the south (sposed to blow bait into
the mouth.) . . . NOT A FISH ! Well, we had 4 bites, bumps really, but
that's it! Guess why they call it fishin, not catching as they say.

Well the streat is over, but what a great run. Now we'll start all over.
Great this about it is my great partner and the fun of watching her develope
into a decent fisherperson. Off to the river . . . later guys.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

RGarri7470
October 12th, 2003, 03:50 PM
>light wind out of the south (sposed to blow bait into
>the mouth.) . .

I always heard "Wind out of the South, fish sore at the mouth" but I am pretty
much a pessimists anyway
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Charles B. Summers
October 13th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Two years without being skunked is never a bad thing! I wish I could say two
months without a skunking....