PDA

View Full Version : landing net

Gone Angling
October 13th, 2003, 01:35 PM
I want to get a collapsible net for shore fishing. Collapsible for ease of
carry and transport.. I want to use a net since dragging a fish along a shallow
bottom can cause your line to break or rod to snap. The net should be fairly
large so it can land other species (sp). I 've seen a Y shaped net used on
fishing shows. Has anybody used these type of nets and would care to critique
one. Thanks

Richard Liebert
October 14th, 2003, 02:36 AM
I have a Hibernet. I bought it for taking on the airplane, but it's great on
my boat because it fits in a rod locker. It also doubles very well as an oar
if you buy the oar attachment. My only complaint is that it is a little on
the heavy side and takes some muscle to open up. Bit pricy too.

Works great though!

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I want to get a collapsible net for shore fishing. Collapsible for ease of
> carry and transport.. I want to use a net since dragging a fish along a
shallow
> bottom can cause your line to break or rod to snap. The net should be
fairly
> large so it can land other species (sp). I 've seen a Y shaped net used on
> fishing shows. Has anybody used these type of nets and would care to
critique
> one. Thanks

JIP
October 14th, 2003, 05:44 AM
How about the SPRO Stowaway net?
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewspronet.shtm

Jack Ip
TackleTour

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I want to get a collapsible net for shore fishing. Collapsible for ease of
> carry and transport.. I want to use a net since dragging a fish along a
shallow
> bottom can cause your line to break or rod to snap. The net should be
fairly
> large so it can land other species (sp). I 've seen a Y shaped net used on
> fishing shows. Has anybody used these type of nets and would care to
critique
> one. Thanks

Gone Angling
October 14th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Thank you for the responses and I'm definitely going to get one. A foregone
snapped rod (while shore fishing) or lost lure/fish justifies the added
expense. The portability of the net makes it easier to take fishing.