PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!!

Da Chief
October 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I won the big fish pot this past Saturday in my club tournament! Mine beat
the closest contender by a fair margin and it really surprised me. Not as
much as the "heartattack" the fish almost gave me when it tried to snatch my
rod out of my hand. Oh, and for those all "tied up" in the spinnerbait
thread, I caught it on a 1/4oz chartreuse and white spinnerbait. Brand? The
one I prefer. Ronnie G- no one was home at the stumps in the back of Lick
Creek. Not for me or for anybody else either. Oh well, it looked good to me
so I will try it again next time.
--
Shelby Foles,

Charles B. Summers
October 13th, 2003, 03:47 PM
So... how big was your fish??? Don't leave out the most important detail!

"Da Chief" > wrote in message
> I won the big fish pot this past Saturday in my club tournament! Mine beat
> the closest contender by a fair margin and it really surprised me. Not as
> much as the "heartattack" the fish almost gave me when it tried to snatch
my
> rod out of my hand. Oh, and for those all "tied up" in the spinnerbait
> thread, I caught it on a 1/4oz chartreuse and white spinnerbait. Brand?
The
> one I prefer. Ronnie G- no one was home at the stumps in the back of Lick
> Creek. Not for me or for anybody else either. Oh well, it looked good to
me
> so I will try it again next time.
> --
> Shelby Foles,

RGarri7470
October 13th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Sorry the stumps didn't pay off! How big was your big one? And what kind of
cover was it on?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Da Chief
October 13th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Oops. The rod snatcher weighed 4.4lbs on the official scale and registered
300hbpm* in the boat.

*hbpm = heart beats per minute.
--
Shelby Foles,

Da Chief
October 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> Sorry the stumps didn't pay off! How big was your big one? And what kind
of
> cover was it on?
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

I'm not one to hide much because fish do not have permanent addresses. The
last dock on the left before you reach the 2nd bridge, coming out of JR's,
has a lot of good rock on it. Caught it on the "back door" of that dock.
--
Shelby Foles,

John Kerr
October 13th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Good job....that adrenalin rush is what it's all about, and winning is
kinda fun too!

RGarri7470
October 14th, 2003, 03:21 AM
>I'm not one to hide much because fish do not have permanent addresses. The
>last dock on the left before you reach the 2nd bridge, coming out of JR's,
>has a lot of good rock on it

Now that is specific! I would have been happy to know it was under a dock with
rock under it! Hummmm - when do I fish Oconee next?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Da Chief
October 14th, 2003, 01:32 PM
"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >I'm not one to hide much because fish do not have permanent addresses.
The
> >last dock on the left before you reach the 2nd bridge, coming out of
JR's,
> >has a lot of good rock on it
>
> Now that is specific! I would have been happy to know it was under a dock
with
> rock under it! Hummmm - when do I fish Oconee next?
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

Well I feel being specific ain't bad, particularly since that 4.4lber ain't
there no more! <g> Seriously though, I'm just not hung up about that sort of
thing and since you always seem kind enough to share some hints whenever I
ask, I just feel "beholden" to you. And I am going to try those stumps
again, they just look too "fishy" to me.
--
Shelby Foles,

go-bassn
November 4th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Watch out Chief - last time I tipped off Ronnie to a good bite it got me a
second place finish lol.

Warren

.. .