PDA

View Full Version : knot strength?

steve
November 1st, 2003, 05:30 AM
How strong is a nail knot (tied with a knot tieing tool)? It seems
significantly stronger than a fishermans knot. In fact, many times if I
try to break off the fly instead of breaking at the knot it breaks in
the middle of the leader!!

(ps, anyone familiar with sabre poles? I have a golden sabre 6/7 8 foot
pole that I want info on)

Rodney
November 1st, 2003, 06:06 AM
steve wrote:
> How strong is a nail knot (tied with a knot tieing tool)? It seems
> significantly stronger than a fishermans knot. In fact, many times if I
> try to break off the fly instead of breaking at the knot it breaks in
> the middle of the leader!!

If pulled up right, it is stronger than the line

Check my site for other applications of the "nail" knot
http://ezknot.com/Frontpage.htm
I sell the cheapest nail knot tool there is, price is now just a buck

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Dave
November 1st, 2003, 11:37 AM
steve wrote:
> (ps, anyone familiar with sabre poles? I have a golden sabre 6/7 8 foot
> pole that I want info on)

Sabre was bought out by Penn years ago. I believe that the golden line was the
lower of the lines. I have two Sabre rods that I haven't used in a long time
since I haven't been sal****er fishing in a while. Very nice rods.

- Dave