PDA

View Full Version : Non Favorable Review - and A Good Fishing Experience.

Bob La Londe
October 14th, 2003, 03:07 AM
I have been looking for a telescoping rod to keep in my work truck. Just
something to do a little bank flailing at my secret spots on the way home.
Particularly when I need a little down time to relax.

I bought one from Cabelas a few weeks ago, and it broke on my very first
outing with it when I flex it a little bit to hook my worm on an eye leg.
It was pretty wimpy, and had incredibly soft action. Cabelas was great
about replacing it. The old one was a medium light. It felt more like an
ultra light with a soft buggy whip action. It really wasn't that much of a
disappointment when it broke.

My first chance to take it out and try it was just a few hours ago. On my
first cast I went, "Oooh! I like this action." On the third cast I caught
a nice smallmouth, and when I lifted it out of the water the rod snapped.
Ugh! Since it was the only rod I had brought with me I tossed the snapped
off end in the back of the truck, rerigged, and made another cast. I caught
five more smallies on it missing more than a foot of the rod.

The fish were magnificient. I had one hit were a beaughtiful smallie launch
himself completely out of the water. And they say jumping fish aren't
biting fish. I had one really fat 1.5 lber give me a dance too. It was
quite exciting when I tried to pull him over by cranking hard and pulling
back with less than 5 foot of rod. I landed that one too.

I did lose one, but it was the perfect topwater hit. Splash, splash, spalsh
went the minnow. Splash went the popper. Splash went the hit. It was
music in real life as we tapped out our four four time on the water. He
dove. I pulled up. He rush me. I crank like a mad man. The current pushed
him faster. I cranked harder. He turned. I made my fatal mistake. I let
off a little so he could run the other way. He hit the current and rush me
again. I cranked like mad, but by the time I caught up with him the the
lure was turned the wrong way and I lost him. Oh it was a wonderful fight
though.

I hit another spot for three more smallies. Every one was magnificent.

Oh, the crummy rod is a Cabelas V12000 Graphite telescoping rod.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

RichZ
October 14th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Since you appear to be moving into the heart of "Lake Effect Snow" country,
you'll very likely get a white Thanksgiving, nevermind Christmas. Heck, a
white Veterans' Day is a distinct possibility, and a white Halloween is not
out of the question.

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/snowdata1.htm

In 1930, there was a 4 foot showfall in Buffalo on October 18!

Anyway, if you're up for a few hour's drive to go fishing, the late season
fishing in the creeks off the Hudson River can be exception in November,
and I'm sure we could find a seat and some tackle for you. But you don't
have to go that far! Although I've never experienced it personally, I've
heard that Waterport Pond is a late season hotspot. Chautaqua Lake in
western New York is probably 120 miles from you in Waterport, but heck, the
November smallie fishing there was enough to get Billy Westmoreland to
drive up from Tennessee every year the last 8 or 10 years of his life, so
it'd surely be worth a drive from where you'll be, don't you think?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Moe Conway
October 14th, 2003, 11:51 PM
>Anyway, if you're up for a few hour's drive to go fishing, the late season
>fishing in the creeks off the Hudson River can be exception in November,
>and I'm sure we could find a seat and some tackle for you. But you don't
>have to go that far!

>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Rich, you may have just made the drive worth it all --- lol. Don't be surprised
if I take you all up on that.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

RichZ
October 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Moe wrote:
> Don't be surprised
> if I take you all up on that.

You know where to find me.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
October 15th, 2003, 04:50 PM
This could have the makings of a RichZ-Randy-Harry-Moe-Warren etc get
together in late November...fellas?

Warren

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Moe wrote:
> > Don't be surprised
> > if I take you all up on that.
> >
> You know where to find me.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
October 15th, 2003, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking that you guys need a sixth man... and another boat. Hmm... how
can I manage a trip like that?

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> This could have the makings of a RichZ-Randy-Harry-Moe-Warren etc get
> together in late November...fellas?
>
> Warren
>
> "RichZ" > wrote in message
> > Moe wrote:
> > > Don't be surprised
> > > if I take you all up on that.
> > >
> > You know where to find me.
> >
> > RichZ©
> > www.richz.com/fishing

Moe Conway
October 15th, 2003, 08:05 PM
>This could have the makings of a RichZ-Randy-Harry-Moe-Warren etc get
>together in late November...fellas?
>
>Warren

Count me in pal.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.
Good Fishing - Moe
Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) - http://moebassguide.com
Outdoor Frontiers http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/index

RichZ
October 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Lets call it done!

The Set Up on a Whim and Organized in a Hurry ROFB Northeast Invitational.

SUWOHROFBNI for short. Well, not THAT short.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Thundercat
October 16th, 2003, 12:16 AM