PDA

View Full Version : Fall Fishing at it's worst....Kinda

alwayfishking
October 14th, 2003, 03:34 PM
The last few times out, fishing has been the worst I have experienced in the
last 5 years that I have been here. A pickerel on a crankbait is all I
managed to catch in three outings, now mind you my outings have been limited
to early morning time, 1-3 hours at a clip, but even the "Honey I'm running
to the store" trips at night have failed to produce a single fish. The temps
have fluctuated from 30's at night to 60-70 degrees during the day. Fall
fishing at it's best? I don't think so. Or at least I didn't until this
morning. I had the oppurtunity to hit the lake early for about an hour and
boy it paid off. 6 bass 3 pickerel in abouty 45 minutes, seems the bass were
congregated off an island point and wacking spinnerbaits, when I saw the
baitfish busting water, I would grab the senko and toss the wacky rig into
the commotion. Nothing big, most were in the 1.5 lb range with the big fish
running 2.5lbs. But a lot of fun for such a quick trip. I could only imagine
what it would have been like to have my boat out and the rest of the day to
fish.. Dam this thing they call work.

Randy-

Charles B. Summers
October 15th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Lesson one: <cough-cough> "Hello Boss? Yeah, this is Randy and I think I'm
sick. Yeah... I think it's malaria or something like that. I should be
alright tomorrow, I just gotta rest today."

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> The last few times out, fishing has been the worst I have experienced in
the
> last 5 years that I have been here. A pickerel on a crankbait is all I
> managed to catch in three outings, now mind you my outings have been
limited
> to early morning time, 1-3 hours at a clip, but even the "Honey I'm
running
> to the store" trips at night have failed to produce a single fish. The
temps
> have fluctuated from 30's at night to 60-70 degrees during the day. Fall
> fishing at it's best? I don't think so. Or at least I didn't until this
> morning. I had the oppurtunity to hit the lake early for about an hour and
> boy it paid off. 6 bass 3 pickerel in abouty 45 minutes, seems the bass
were
> congregated off an island point and wacking spinnerbaits, when I saw the
> baitfish busting water, I would grab the senko and toss the wacky rig into
> the commotion. Nothing big, most were in the 1.5 lb range with the big
fish
> running 2.5lbs. But a lot of fun for such a quick trip. I could only
imagine
> what it would have been like to have my boat out and the rest of the day
> fish.. Dam this thing they call work.
>
> Randy-

alwaysfishking
October 15th, 2003, 05:34 AM
ahh working from home doesn't allow you to have sick days. You must call in
dead, with 17 people calling you all day for answers, they care not if you
have a sniffle or two, I can't infect anyone else then I am not sick!!!
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Lesson one: <cough-cough> "Hello Boss? Yeah, this is Randy and I think I'm
> sick. Yeah... I think it's malaria or something like that. I should be
> alright tomorrow, I just gotta rest today."
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> > The last few times out, fishing has been the worst I have experienced in
> the
> > last 5 years that I have been here. A pickerel on a crankbait is all I
> > managed to catch in three outings, now mind you my outings have been
> limited
> > to early morning time, 1-3 hours at a clip, but even the "Honey I'm
> running
> > to the store" trips at night have failed to produce a single fish. The
> temps
> > have fluctuated from 30's at night to 60-70 degrees during the day. Fall
> > fishing at it's best? I don't think so. Or at least I didn't until this
> > morning. I had the oppurtunity to hit the lake early for about an hour
and
> > boy it paid off. 6 bass 3 pickerel in abouty 45 minutes, seems the bass
> were
> > congregated off an island point and wacking spinnerbaits, when I saw the
> > baitfish busting water, I would grab the senko and toss the wacky rig
into
> > the commotion. Nothing big, most were in the 1.5 lb range with the big
> fish
> > running 2.5lbs. But a lot of fun for such a quick trip. I could only
> imagine
> > what it would have been like to have my boat out and the rest of the day
> > fish.. Dam this thing they call work.
> >
> > Randy-

Shawn
October 16th, 2003, 03:08 AM
alwayfishking wrote...

> Dam this thing they call work.

I feel your pain, brother. I feel your pain...

--Shawn