PDA

View Full Version : sanibel

Ham Sandywich
July 2nd, 2004, 08:29 AM
Anyone have advice on what to bait them with and so forth? Never been there
before but will be there soon.

Bob O
July 3rd, 2004, 08:24 AM
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:29:10 GMT, "Ham Sandywich" >
wrote:

>Anyone have advice on what to bait them with and so forth? Never been there
>before but will be there soon.

Are you gonna fish from land or boat? Shrimp is always a good
bait for a day of fishing here. Greenbacks or pin fish for a
guaranteed bite. Fishing on the Causeway has always been really hit
or miss for me, but that could be because of the excellant
views.........sunsets and thongs!

Bob O

Ham Sandywhich
July 4th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Leaving for there in 2 hrs to get out for the first time in about six years.
The wives are tagging along so we'll probably get more fish than thongs!
I'll try shimp of course but pinfish is a good idea. I used to catch them
at the Caladesi Island marina with pieces of dried-up dropped french fries
on a short bit of line and a goldie.

We're going off land - I just found a hull to hang the engine on but it
isn't ready yet.

Is it true that now it is illegal to castnet off a pier? It sounds
ridiculous to me but it was corroborated.

Thanks for the input.

"Bob O" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:29:10 GMT, "Ham Sandywich" >
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone have advice on what to bait them with and so forth? Never been
there
> >before but will be there soon.
> >
> Are you gonna fish from land or boat? Shrimp is always a good
> bait for a day of fishing here. Greenbacks or pin fish for a
> guaranteed bite. Fishing on the Causeway has always been really hit
> or miss for me, but that could be because of the excellant
> views.........sunsets and thongs!
>
> Bob O

Bob O
July 5th, 2004, 05:39 AM
I know the public piers..it's a no-no. Not sure about the private
piers. While out there, look for grass coming out of the water, live
shrimp, no weight will put u on sea trout. But cast netting after
tossing out a handfull of cornflakes work just fine for me to get
pins. Enjoy your visit!