PDA

View Full Version : Rickard -- We can rebuild him... better... stonger... faster....

TNBass
October 15th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.

You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was dealt
a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in recovery
and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic about
recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April as
his goal.

He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he should
be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
think of it, drop him a note..

Thanks.
--
TNBass
---

Chuck Coger
October 15th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Glad to hear he is doing well. He is in my families prayers.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"TNBass" > wrote in message
> Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
> maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
>
> You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
> disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
> decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
> chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was
dealt
> a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
> identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
> already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in
recovery
> and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
> enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic
about
> recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April
as
> his goal.
>
> He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he
should
> be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
> think of it, drop him a note..
>
> Thanks.
> --
> TNBass
> ---
> www.secretweaponlures.com -------------------<=- 0')))><
> ---

go-bassn
October 15th, 2003, 05:17 AM
That Bob - always joking around! What a card.

Cut it out Bob, will ya?

This time get better soon & STAY better, my family will be praying for your
speedy recovery.

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"TNBass" > wrote in message
> Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
> maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
>
> You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
> disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
> decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
> chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was
dealt
> a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
> identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
> already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in
recovery
> and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
> enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic
about
> recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April
as
> his goal.
>
> He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he
should
> be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
> think of it, drop him a note..
>
> Thanks.
> --
> TNBass
> ---
> www.secretweaponlures.com -------------------<=- 0')))><
> ---

alwaysfishking
October 15th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Hope you are feeling better Bob, hey if you make it to Okee, I'll sit the
first day out and we can bank fish for crappies : ) God Bless.

Randy-
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> That Bob - always joking around! What a card.
>
> Cut it out Bob, will ya?
>
> This time get better soon & STAY better, my family will be praying for
your
> speedy recovery.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com
> http://warrenwolk.com/ http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com/
>
> "TNBass" > wrote in message
> > Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
> > maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
> >
> > You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
> > disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today
he
> > decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
> > chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was
> dealt
> > a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
> > identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
> > already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in
> recovery
> > and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
> > enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic
> about
> > recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in
April
> as
> > his goal.
> >
> > He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he
> should
> > be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If
you
> > think of it, drop him a note..
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > TNBass

> --
> > ---
> > www.secretweaponlures.com -------------------<=- 0')))><

> --
> > ---

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
October 15th, 2003, 06:18 AM
I'll loan you my puddle jumper to fish the rim canals in. Bill P.

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message ...
Hope you are feeling better Bob, hey if you make it to Okee, I'll sit the
first day out and we can bank fish for crappies : ) God Bless.

Huck Palmatier
October 15th, 2003, 10:02 AM
said Huck

Carlos
October 15th, 2003, 11:58 AM
WooHoo Bob! A positive outlook helps. Get well soon.

Carlos

Moe Conway
October 15th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Great news Joe. Bob, get well - looking forward to seeing you in Okeechobee.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Josh
October 15th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Sheeeesh what that Rickard won't do for a few emails. ! ! ! <grin>

Great news bobby.. get well and see ya soon.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Dark Knight
October 15th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Congrats Bob. Now just take your time before signing up for the Olympics.

Actually, as I read this, I can't help but think of Hemmingway, who wrote
that "For every day a man spends fishing, he adds one to his life." Seems
that might truer than we thought...

James

"TNBass" > wrote in message
> Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
> maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
>
> You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
> disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
> decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
> chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was
dealt
> a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
> identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
> already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in
recovery
> and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
> enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic
about
> recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April
as
> his goal.
>
> He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he
should
> be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
> think of it, drop him a note..
>
> Thanks.
> --
> TNBass
> ---
> www.secretweaponlures.com -------------------<=- 0')))><
> ---

John Kerr
October 15th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Life is a cycle...we are born, we live, and we die! It's really neat
that ya got a whole lot more of the "living" part yet to do!
JK

Shawn
October 16th, 2003, 03:04 AM
That's wonderful news, Joe.

Congratulations and best wishes to Bob, Phyllis, and the rest of the family.

--
Early to Bed, Early to Rise,
Fish all Day, Make up Lies.

Shawn

"TNBass" > wrote in message
> Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
> maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
>
> You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
> disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
> decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
> chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was
dealt
> a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
> identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
> already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in
recovery
> and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
> enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic
about
> recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April
as
> his goal.
>
> He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he
should
> be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
> think of it, drop him a note..
>
> Thanks.
> --
> TNBass
> ---
> www.secretweaponlures.com -------------------<=- 0')))><
> ---

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 16th, 2003, 01:17 PM
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:58:47 -0500, "TNBass"
> sent into the ether:

>Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
>maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.
>
>You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
>disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
>decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
>chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was dealt
>a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
>identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
>already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in recovery
>and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
>enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic about
>recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April as
>his goal.
>
>He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he should
>be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
>think of it, drop him a note..
>
>Thanks.

Bob, I hope this finds you on the mend and in the game for many years
to come. You'll be in my thoughts.
danl
Good fishing, great catching
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Remove left x for direct reply

Kevin Hare
October 16th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Glad to hear that things went well Bob. Hope to see you soon. Our
thoughts and prayers are with you.

Heavy