PDA

View Full Version : Last call for Cwellyn

Andy Lawson
July 5th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Hi All,

Just over 3 weeks to go! Arrive afternoon/evening of Thurs 29th July and
depart Sun 1st August, so 2 full days fishing (Fri & Sat).

So far, those definitely attending are:

Myself
Alec Powell
Dave Lane
Dan Porter (may not be fishing - photographer)

Come on guys, any one else?

We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some space
for those interested and almost certainly space for more.

http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/fishing.asp

http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/default.htm

Fishing permits: Day ticket : (Covers all waters!!) @ £15 each = £30.00
Boat for 2 anglers for 1 day = £12. Electric Engine hire additional £8

I haven't been able to reserve any boats, as all the members have keys.
However, when I spoke to Graham at the Cwellyn Arms, he told me that he has
never had a problem of boats not being available due to them all being used
by members and river fishing is also available on the ticket, so there's
always an option open.

Regards,

--
Andy Lawson

Aquazur-Dra
July 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM
HI Andy - might consider coming if I can cadge a lift / share cost of fuel @
9p per mile in my comany estate car

PS have Shakespeare electric outboard motor - your welcome to borrow ( but
no battery)

DAVE ARMES

--
¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
compliments Dave Armes

Andy Lawson > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Just over 3 weeks to go! Arrive afternoon/evening of Thurs 29th July and
> depart Sun 1st August, so 2 full days fishing (Fri & Sat).
>
> So far, those definitely attending are:
>
> Myself
> Alec Powell
> Dave Lane
> Dan Porter (may not be fishing - photographer)
>
> Come on guys, any one else?
>
> We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
> available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
> spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some space
> for those interested and almost certainly space for more.
>
> http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/fishing.asp
>
> http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/default.htm
>
> Fishing permits: Day ticket : (Covers all waters!!) @ £15 each = £30.00
> Boat for 2 anglers for 1 day = £12. Electric Engine hire additional £8
>
> I haven't been able to reserve any boats, as all the members have keys.
> However, when I spoke to Graham at the Cwellyn Arms, he told me that he
has
> never had a problem of boats not being available due to them all being
used
> by members and river fishing is also available on the ticket, so there's
> always an option open.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Andy Lawson

Dave Lane
July 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
In message >
"Andy Lawson" > wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just over 3 weeks to go! Arrive afternoon/evening of Thurs 29th July and
> depart Sun 1st August, so 2 full days fishing (Fri & Sat).

Can't wait for this- it's been a hard time getting out to cast a line
this year, and the idea of getting 3 solid days in, ohhhhhhh, yes please...

Thanks to Andy who has taken up the organising cudgels again this
year....

Anybody got any idea on how to fish a lake for salmon????????

see y'all there,

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... If you sold hats, babies would be born without heads.

Dave Lane
July 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
In message >
"Andy Lawson" > wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just over 3 weeks to go! Arrive afternoon/evening of Thurs 29th July and
> depart Sun 1st August, so 2 full days fishing (Fri & Sat).

Can't wait for this- it's been a hard time getting out to cast a line
this year, and the idea of getting 3 solid days in, ohhhhhhh, yes please...

Thanks to Andy who has taken up the organising cudgels again this
year....

Anybody got any idea on how to fish a lake for salmon????????

see y'all there,

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... If you sold hats, babies would be born without heads.

W. D. Grey
July 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM
In article >, Andy Lawson
> writes
>Come on guys, any one else?
>
>We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
>available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
>spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some space
>for those interested and almost certainly space for more.

Sorry Andy - can't do it all :-(

I shall be at Capel Curig this week end with Uk.Rec.Walking newsgroup
Expedition (we don't call them Gatherings). I don't think I'll be doing
much walking, just nice to meet the lads and lasses - oh yes we have
lasses too :-)

Have a good time, I know my absence won't hold you back :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
July 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM
In article >, Andy Lawson
> writes
>Come on guys, any one else?
>
>We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
>available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
>spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some space
>for those interested and almost certainly space for more.

Sorry Andy - can't do it all :-(

I shall be at Capel Curig this week end with Uk.Rec.Walking newsgroup
Expedition (we don't call them Gatherings). I don't think I'll be doing
much walking, just nice to meet the lads and lasses - oh yes we have
lasses too :-)

Have a good time, I know my absence won't hold you back :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Aquazur-Dra
July 6th, 2004, 05:32 PM
more likely to get /Brown/ Sea trout

Normal wet fly tactics with bushy bob flies on no top dropper

On the Troll ?

Hope to ser U all if I can cadge a lift?

DAVE ARMES

Dave Lane > wrote in message
> In message >
< Snip >

Dave Lane > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Andy Lawson" > wrote:
< Snip >

> Anybody got any idea on how to fish a lake for salmon????????
>

> see y'all there,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> Literacy Support Software from:
> Xavier Educational Software Ltd
> School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
> http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/
>
> ... If you sold hats, babies would be born without heads.

W. D. Grey
July 6th, 2004, 10:11 PM
In article >, Aquazur-Dra
> writes
>On the Troll ?

Don't think trolling is allowed in England and Wales - I've seen it done
on Loch Lomond (I think)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Andy Lawson
July 7th, 2004, 10:45 AM
"Aquazur-Dra" > wrote in message
> HI Andy - might consider coming if I can cadge a lift / share cost of fuel
@
> 9p per mile in my comany estate car
>
> PS have Shakespeare electric outboard motor - your welcome to borrow ( but
> no battery)
>
> DAVE ARMES

I don't think I can offer you a lift as I'm already taking Alec & Dan. With
all the gear (fishing & camping), we'll be pretty full.

ATB

--
Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson
July 7th, 2004, 10:50 AM
"W. D. Grey" > wrote in message
> In article >, Andy Lawson
> > writes
> >Come on guys, any one else?
> >
> >We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
> >available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
> >spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some
space
> >for those interested and almost certainly space for more.
>
> Sorry Andy - can't do it all :-(
>
> I shall be at Capel Curig this week end with Uk.Rec.Walking newsgroup
> Expedition (we don't call them Gatherings). I don't think I'll be doing
> much walking, just nice to meet the lads and lasses - oh yes we have
> lasses too :-)
>
> Have a good time, I know my absence won't hold you back :-)
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

Argh! It's a real shame you can't be there. We will miss you.

Anyone heard from Reg lately?

--
Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson
July 7th, 2004, 10:50 AM
"W. D. Grey" > wrote in message
> In article >, Andy Lawson
> > writes
> >Come on guys, any one else?
> >
> >We're taking the camping option, but the bunkhouse is probably still
> >available for those who would prefer it. I've booked preliminary camping
> >spots for 3 tents and 6 people on the campsite so far, so still some
space
> >for those interested and almost certainly space for more.
>
> Sorry Andy - can't do it all :-(
>
> I shall be at Capel Curig this week end with Uk.Rec.Walking newsgroup
> Expedition (we don't call them Gatherings). I don't think I'll be doing
> much walking, just nice to meet the lads and lasses - oh yes we have
> lasses too :-)
>
> Have a good time, I know my absence won't hold you back :-)
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

Argh! It's a real shame you can't be there. We will miss you.

Anyone heard from Reg lately?

--
Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson
July 7th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Again,

Just to let you know, I spoke to Reg Sweetmore today after managing to find
his telephone number. Reg told me that he's replied to this NG but it's not
showing via my News provider. Anyone else see his reply?

Anyhow, to cut the story short, Reg is looking for a nearby B&B/Hotel for
Cwellyn as he's not quite up to camping or using the bunkhouse since his
accident. Hopefully he'll make the trip but only if he feels he's up to it
and subject to finding accommodation, so nothing definite. Reg will call me
to confirm the week before.

ATB,

--
Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson
July 7th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Again,

Just to let you know, I spoke to Reg Sweetmore today after managing to find
his telephone number. Reg told me that he's replied to this NG but it's not
showing via my News provider. Anyone else see his reply?

Anyhow, to cut the story short, Reg is looking for a nearby B&B/Hotel for
Cwellyn as he's not quite up to camping or using the bunkhouse since his
accident. Hopefully he'll make the trip but only if he feels he's up to it
and subject to finding accommodation, so nothing definite. Reg will call me
to confirm the week before.

ATB,

--
Andy Lawson

W. D. Grey
July 8th, 2004, 09:38 AM
In article >, Andy Lawson
> writes
>Anyhow, to cut the story short, Reg is looking for a nearby B&B/Hotel for
>Cwellyn as he's not quite up to camping or using the bunkhouse since his
>accident. Hopefully he'll make the trip but only if he feels he's up to it
>and subject to finding accommodation, so nothing definite. Reg will call me
>to confirm the week before.

I tgionk Graham in the Cwellyn Arms does B&B
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
July 8th, 2004, 09:38 AM
In article >, Andy Lawson
> writes
>Anyhow, to cut the story short, Reg is looking for a nearby B&B/Hotel for
>Cwellyn as he's not quite up to camping or using the bunkhouse since his
>accident. Hopefully he'll make the trip but only if he feels he's up to it
>and subject to finding accommodation, so nothing definite. Reg will call me
>to confirm the week before.

I tgionk Graham in the Cwellyn Arms does B&B
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Andy Lawson
July 8th, 2004, 11:11 AM
"W. D. Grey" > wrote in message

> I tgionk Graham in the Cwellyn Arms does B&B

Yeah... but they're fully booked :-(

--
Andy Lawson

W. D. Grey
July 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
In article >, Andy Lawson
> writes
>
>"W. D. Grey" > wrote in message
>
>> I tgionk Graham in the Cwellyn Arms does B&B
>
>Yeah... but they're fully booked :-(

Full of damned walkers I expect :-)

I don't think there is anything else nearby other than Beddgelert praps!
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk